+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mapping underground sprinkler system

Blog Entries

Mapping underground sprinkler system

If you've been reading the daylily forum, you'll see that I am moving soon.
    Apparently the property has an underground sprinkler system. The sellers are out of state. How do I figure out where all the tubing(?) is ? I know what a sprinkler head looks like but how do I figure what's where underground ?
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Believe it or not

Cathy,

I had to smile when I read your post. You see, when I was young, we always heard about the trick of using a forked stick to find water. I never believed it, until....

Well, as some of you know, I have a septic system. My hubby refused to believe that putting chicken fat down the garbage disposal was bad. Anyway, it ended up costing a fortune. We hired a company to clear the septic lines. And wouldn't you know it, this young fellow used a forked stick to locate the field lines. I kid you not that he hit the line every time. He didn't even miss once. They dug into the spot he 'selected' with a machine that blew something like perlite into the line and up would shoot a thin sprout of water from the septic line.

Yes, I saw it. And, yes, I still have a hard time believing that he could do that, but I do know that he did. I just find it hard to beleve.

Other than that, the only way is to dig and prepare to turn off the water supply if need be until repairs can be made.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries

'Water Witching'/Divining

Yep, I believe it 100 % and I have seen it multiple times done by none other than my Dad. He could do it and tried to teach me
    He passed away in 1998 but I do recall him doing it and some of the stories. He could do it using a bent coat hanger ! He was a plumber by trade.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

+ Reply to Thread