+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shower Flower

Shower Flower

Have you heard of a flower that looks like a shower head ... has multiple holes.

Looking for a name and pictures

Thanks,

Jim

Jim

There is an oriental water lily that looks like that when the seed head is dried.

Jim Lang
    Manning SC

Hi Jims. Look for lotus seed heads. Is that it?
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries
    Sue,

You are correct! Jim is talking about the seed head of the Lotus. Here's a link to an image that looks remarkable like a "shower head" http://www.acclaimimages.com/_galler...2713-3059.html

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Talking Shower head

Yep that is it .... you all are good ... but can't help wondering .... what took you so long!!!!

Thanks ... My Granddaughter thanks you ... her mother thanks you ... my wife thanks you .... the school teacher will be wondering LOL!!! She found it and had to identify it ... just had always heard it called a shower flower.

Life use to be simple when I was in school ... just get through the days till recess, lunch and PE ... then sports. Now they want you to learn something as well. What will they ask next!!!

Jim

ok i know i late , its a lotus.the seeds are edible.
    my neighbor raises them.quite pricey.
    jimtx where have you been.
    shepp

survival mode

Shepp,

We have been in survival mode .. lost a lot of the roses .. been very dry ... and they have raised the water prices so that we can only water enough to keep a few things alive. Louisiana got all of the water and we got nothing but considering .. will take it.

Got about 3/4" today .... hopefully some of the things will make a comeback. Not much fun to garden when it is like this. We had large cracks .. worried about losing dogs and small kids.

Jim

Hey, Jim!

Leave it up to me... I not only ask my students to learn, I EXPECT them to try as hard as they can. Sitting around waiting, twiddling their fingers, doodling, whispering and giggling doesn't get it. It's a waste of my time as well as theirs.

Go figure!!! Mrs. B, the meanie.... Chuckle, chuckle! If only they knew about the softie inside. Mum is the word, so don't tell them, okay?

Jim, It has been terribly dry here since the hurricane. In some ways, that is bad because there is so much dry wood, brush and leaves. Fire could start very easily, but slowly, but surely debree is being removed from the sides of the streets. It means waiting in one lane traffic, but no one really complains because we are tired of looking at the mess.

It remains to be seen how many old roses I lost. At least 15 of them were shreaded to the ground and these were huge before the storm. Still, I suspect they will bounce back, and I hope yours will too.

Stick around, Jim! It's time to liven up landspro again.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Ann,

I'll bet your old roses are on their own roots and with that being the case, they will do a General Patton for you! And most likely with bigger and stronger new canes too!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Yep, Rebecca!

They are most definitely growing on their own roots, and I expect them to bounce back. I do miss the blooms that should be showing about this time of the year until frost, no doubt... They will be back.

I hope that Jim's will too!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Jim and all, We have been dry here too. We finally got about .22" the other day . that didn't go very far. Been waiting for rain so I can move some plants. Yards are getting brown and crunchy, making me glad mine didn't get mowed. It is a little high but it is green. The shade helps,too.
    Ann,Hope you are recovering from Katrina. Our thoughts and prayers are still with those hurt by this storm. I am afraid we have no idea how much impact she had on people and the environment.
    tennessee sue

+ Reply to Thread