+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bummer!

Bummer!

It has been so very unusually hot, and then today, I thought that we would have less chance of rain, but guess what? School was over and the thunderstorms were on....

It has rained almost every day when I get off, and don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about rain. I love it.

But, Gee! I sure would like to be able to come home and work in the garden without the extreme heat and no lightening!

Anyone else dealing with this?
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Not right now, but yes, been there done that!

Just hope "Katrina" doesn't bring you anything worse than afternoon T-storms. I also hope she blows herself out before reaching Florida!

Rebecca

In the last couple of days, several neighbors have remarked about the young pecan tree in my front yard. It is loaded with pecans to the point of looking like a 'weeping pecan' tree.

The first comment is about whether the tree is going to die, then at closer look, they see all of the huge clusters of pecans. I tried to take a picture this afternoon, but with the thunderstorms and the sun from the wrong direction, I couldn't get it just right.

Katrina could potentially do a lot of harm, but personally, I am praying that it goes somewhere else.

I need a BREAK!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Ann,

I envy you that Pecan Tree! I love them, so eat lots for me!

Rebecca

Blog Entries
    Yes Ann. We’ve had rain since the weekend. Had some big old thunder boomers last night. All that rain has made it impossible to garden. Mowing the ‘grass’(a weedy blend) will be a chore.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

We could sure use some rain here. It has been hot and really humid, usually a good mix for thunderstorms. The few we had only rained a little while so hard it just ran off. It is really dry.
    Hope everyone in Florida is okay. Let us know.
    tennessee sue

We had another thunderstorm today, but it was later than the others have been. It was huge, and we lost power for just a little while. It could have been worse, and besides, I always like to have the rain (just not the flooding kind). I don't like lightning, but the rain is welcome.

Please don't misunderstand. I don't wish this upcoming storm on anyone, but it sure is nice to NOT be in the projected path for a change.

Still, we are making sure we are ready. Storms like this one have been known to bounce around in the Gulf.

Here's to hoping you get rain!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Looks like Katrina has changed course and strengthened. What's the projection for Mobile ?

Dead center!!!!!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    I guess you've got your work cut out for you battening down the hatches ! I will hope for the best for you !

Oh, GEE!

Hunter was sick this morning. He went to school to give it a try. Sure enough, I received a message on the intercom that a young child was holding on the phone for me. Gosh, I am so grateful to my co-teachers. Usually, they are the ones to leave to help with errands and things, but this time, my Hunter needed me. He tried so hard, but he was sick.

We went to the Dr. this evening (the earliest appt. we could get) and waited for 2 hours, but it was worth it. We have enough asthma medication to last for a few months, and he will be fine.

So, I came home to a forecast that still looked bad. Just a few minutes ago, I checked again, and it is further west.

Long story short, a more westward track at this stage is goodness for us. Please pray, pray, pray real hard that this storm moves away from us. I am not sure we can go through another one right now. Life is finally easing up a little for me, and I surely would like for it to get back to normal.

Surely, we will not have to go through this again. If we have to, though, I will not complain. Others have had it worse....
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Ann- I hope all is well. Asthma is such a nerve racking condition for parent and child.
    I will definitely put in a word in prayer for you with that hurricane stomping about.
    ((()))

+ Reply to Thread