+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fall Iris planting starting already !

Blog Entries

Fall Iris planting starting already !

Just bought 2 Cheub's Smile Iris rhizomes. I had been wanting pink for a long time. These are described as a "Happy Flamingo Pink" !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries
    Cathy,

Yep, it's Iris planting time, which means "digging time" for me! Three of five orders going out tomorrow have Iris divisions in them!

Is your weather cooling off any, especially in the evenings? It's getting down to the mid-50's here tonight, time to break out another blanket! Tomorrow will be good digging weather, so if you're ready, I can get your order started. LMK!

Rebecca

Blog Entries
    It has been rain, rain and more rain. The temps have been moderated by the rain so itís hard to say if the fall temps are starting. I know it isnít as low as 50ís at night though. But it is very strange to have rain here in August. It would normally be dry and at least 100 degrees. I really need to do some weeding but it is actually too wet to weed( a little moisture makes the weeding easier; too much and you pull up more than anticipated!).
    I also have to get a new bed(beds) started as I have beaucoup dlís in pots. If you are ready to dig Iíll be ready on the receiving side !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

+ Reply to Thread