+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Announcement - It's About TIME!

Announcement - It's About TIME!

Hey, everyone!

Thanks for the patience that all of you have had with me in the last few years. It has finally paid off... Next week, I begin my new venture at the school of my choice and the high school from which I graduated. It is close to my home, so I will not have to drive so far, and best of all, I have already run into people that I went to school with so many years ago. Now, let me tell you... That is FUN!

It is also where I taught this past summer, so needless to say, I am PLEASED!

Best of ALL -- I will feel at HOME!

OMG, I cannot believe that school is already starting again so quickly! Wish me luck!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    YAY !!!!!!!
    I'm so glad you've had such a happy turn of events. (Did you try to remember where your old locker was-LOL!)
    Will you have more time to pursue your gardening ?
    Last edited by Dazed_Lily; 08-06-2005 at 02:28 PM.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

congrats teach.
    keep up the destination.
    shepp

Ann Im pretty sure that extra driving will be less stressfull on yourself. That extra time could be used towards gardening I think. George.

Blog Entries
    Ann,

I am so happy for you! This is really great news and as for luck, I don't think you'll need it this time! You're where you want to be and close to home no less! I'm already sensing your stress level dropping. WAY TO GO GIRL!

I got some interesting mail yesterday from Merrill Lynch, seems my 401K is worth a LOT more than I thought, about 6 times more than I thought! I may have to cash it out after all. Will talk to people Monday and see how this windfall is going to affect things, hopefully not to bad.

Somebody "upstairs" really likes us!

Rebecca
    Attached Images  

Prayers are with you Ann. Ditto to all the thoughts above, ESPECIALLY the dancing cats!
    tennessee sue

Well good news all around! WTG Ann.
    Rebecca, Well good for you too! Some people I know have really taken a hit the last year or so in the market.
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Well let me add my congradulation to you Ann.

Running into people you went to school with is a trip. I made it back to Ohio for a high school reunion this year.

Hope you continue to enjoy your career!

Thanks, everyone!

It's been a busy few days getting Hunter lined up for a new middle school, and getting ready for a new teaching assignment.

Orientation for teachers new to this school was this morning. I am elated to be at this school. Everyone is so positive and professional. I am proud! Of course, it is easier having taught here this summer.

First day for teachers is tomorrow. Gee! Everything is so much easier this year. I know what questions to ask, and in this school, they seem to be prepared to answer them before you have to ask.

NICE!

Thanks, again! It is going to be a good year!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann, you will do a great job, you have nothing to worry about. Teachers are the heart's blood of this great country. Without people like you, who are dedicated to educating our children, our country would have no future!! Thank you for being willing to face that classroom day after day!!
    Linda
    Linda

Well...

The first week is complete, and it was GREAT!

There were some changes at the last minute, though. I am teaching algebra to special education students. Since I am highly qualified in Math and not in Special Ed, I have two full time highly qualified special education teachers assigned to me. One is in my morning class, and the other is in my afternoon class. They are both absolutely wonderful to work with....

It seems that some of my students from this summer 'told' on me. One said that I was MEAN and when asked why, he said that I MADE them do their work. After the special ed department chair talked to some of my summer students, she apparently insisted upon having me.

So, I am teaching special students, and I have really enjoyed this past week. I'm not saying that it is not a challenge, but WOW, when you grade tests and see how many passed, it is a good feeling.

Did I say that my feet hurt?

I'm glad to be where I am. The teachers here have been GREAT!

Yep! I hope to be doing more gardening. We are currently going into a heat wave, so it will have to be early morning and late afternoon for the weekend. It is simply too hot when the heat index reaches 104 degrees.

Thanks for your support! You are all so very wonderful friends!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Ann,

You will find that teaching Special-Ed students will be so much more fulfilling and rewarding, as you have already had a glimpse of. The Dept Head made the best decision and such a wonderful recommendation to have a student say you were "mean" because you made them do their work! I don't think recommendations can be much better than that!

You sound so much more happy and content than you did last year and I am positive you and your students will have a fantastic year of learning and personal growth!

You go girl!

Rebecca

Here's a Kokopellie for the classroom, it will bring Joy and Happiness (and perhaps a little mischief) to your days!
    Attached Images  

Yep! I am much, much happier, and this school and the kids are great! Not to say that all are angels, they are not. There are many behavior problem kids, and I have actually gotten very good at dealing with those.

Wish me lots of luck and a lot of patience, because these children need it. They also need someone who cares! And this school is filled with teachers who do, so I feel right at home.

Thanks!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread