+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shepp how is it going?

hi Tony
    bare with me i just lost power a few minutes ago.
    a local nursery says they like all summers beauty.
    i dont know what to think they say they buy in 2 1/4 and they fill out fast.
    i am not a big fan of macs but sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.
    nikko blues just didnt want to survive the winter even in a coldframe for me.
    maybe i am doing something wrong.
    sure could have sold a bunch if i had them .is all summers beauty patented what i have seen its not.
    thanks shepp
    gonna shut down before i get it again. later folks.
    the bad thing it is completely calm no storms or wind.
    has to be overload on the power lines.
    it is extremely HOT. 90 at 8:37 pm whew.

Endless Summer

Vicki Enless Summer is an interesting shrub. Pink flowers if in Alkaline soil or blue if in acidic soil. Very interesting hopefully the soil wont be an inbetween or it'll be half pink/ half blue shrub, whether its interesting I dont know. I think I might check this one out but pretty expensive, even at wholesale prices. George.

Shepp! I thought you had contacts with wholesalers either purchasing/ selling. Even at wholesale pricing Endless Summer doesnt come cheap for a 2g. Ill be looking at 500.00 for 25 2g limited QTY order. By the way (Not Patented). George.

george i do have contacts
    but those growers dont have endless summer.
    and i am confused as to what is patented and whats not.
    a local retail nursery is selling all summers beauty. said they liked it better .i think due to price. anyway if either is pat. i am not getting them.
    shepp

Shepp,

Isn't 'All Summer Beauty' a Hydrangea macrophylla, the 'big leaf' form of the hydrangea?

That is what is mostly grown here. Unfortunately, most people around here don't know the specific name of their Hydrangea macrophylla, but they get HUGE and what a welcome site when they start blooming.

I would like to collect some more Laceleaf Hydrangea. The blooms aren't as big as the mopheads, but they offer a very different bloom.

It's too bad that Endless Summer is trademarked, and I do believe that I read somewhere that it is patent pending.

Everyone, please do let us know how the search for Hydrangeas that do well up north goes. Maybe some more pictures....? If there is enough interest, I will start a Hydrangea sub-forum under Trees and Shrubs or this one. Just let me know....
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Shepp I was confused myself. One dealer had it as Patented and the other didnt. I took it as being patented. But then recieved an Email with their availability list and endless summer was there with PPAF beside it. So now both have it Patented.

Shepp I checked out All summer beauty and its not Patented.
    I might get this one depending on size and how much. Ill do more research on PPAF until Im 100% satisfied its not patented. George.

I managed to stop by Lowes for a few minutes, and low and behold, they had a lot of Endless Summer in 3 gallon pots that were marked down to $5. I picked a big one, and I am thrilled. I missed the one that I bought for Mom after I gave it to her, so now, I will have my own.

It's too bad that it is patented, but it seems to me that if Lowes can sell this size plant for $5, then the patent costs can't be that high.

For those of you who have not seen the blooms of this particular hydrangea, the flower petals are really tiny compared to most hydrangeas. And of course, the ones in the store had pink blooms. I have heard that they will eventually turn blue if planted in acidic soil.

Has anyone else heard that this is the case?
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann,
    That is unreal!I got back friday from the S.N.A. show in Atlanta.Here are the wholesale prices I was Quoted:
    Flowerwood-2 gal.$8.95,3 gal.$17.85
    Zelenka-8'' pot $9.75 and they had them on sale for a show special for $7.00 WOW how many do you want.
    McCorkle- 8" pot $7.50,3 gal.$14.50,7 gal.$24.50
    All of these had $500.00-$1500.00 min on a total purchase to buy these.
    I'm fixing to call every Lowes in Nashville,thanks for the tip.
    Thanks,
    tony b.

Forgot to say,yes they can be pink or blue.Add a little alum. sulfate this winter to make them blue,a little lime to keep them pink.All of my Macs. are pink unless I add Alum sulfate because my potting mix and my soil where I grow My mother plants is alkaline.
    thanks,
    tony b.

Called every Lowes within 25mi of Nashville,All are sold out.What a bummer
    Thanks
    tony b.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2