+ Reply to Thread

Thread: black eyed susan vine

black eyed susan vine

This years vine is orange. Had yellow last year and really liked it.
    Attached Images  
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

I haven't started any this year, but I do have seeds. This is another that I really like. They will overwinter, but they do not do as good the second year, so I didn't try this past winter.

I like the lighter colored yellow and cream as well as the pick ones, but I gotta tell you that they are all very PRETTY! I have always grown them in a pot, but one day hope to try them in the ground.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann,
    These were so easy to grow from seed. But they are expensive at the nrseries around here. I have about 30 that I started from seed. I think everyone of them germinated.
    Attached Images  
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Vicki,

If you are growng these for annuals, I have lots of Dutchman Pipe seeds. At least, I think they are viable. I couldn't believe how many of them were in each pod. I'll have to try to germinate a few of them to see if they are fully developed. If they are, I probably have close to 1,000 seeds. Actually, I don't know, but I have picked 4 pods.

I want to try some Black Eyed Susans in the ground next spring, so that I can see if that will perhaps produce more seeds. The vines are delicate making them perfect for a hanging plant, so I have always grown them that way.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread