+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dry

dry

It's been extremely dry here. We've had only 1/2" of rain this month! Maybe we will get some tomorrow. I've had to water once a week, plus the newly planted ones daily.
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Vicki,

We have had LOTS of rain here, but still, in between those rains, it has been dry. I started hauling the hose around again today. I watered the plants on the porch and in the greenhouse first. I suspect that by tomorrow, I will need to start watering those outside that need to either be repotted or go into the ground.

It is so very HOT and sticky here. I wanted to take some cuttings, but decided to wait for a cloudy day. It was supposed to rain (40%) this afternoon, but I don't think it is going to make it our way. The sun is blaring down on everything.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Oh boy Ann, I'm right there with you hauling hoses around. I started last night and tried multi-tasking while I was making breakfast this morning(amazed myself that I didn't burn the pancakes). The hose has been running for hours, I try to position it and run inside. It is so nice inside that I can't stand going back out(and for some reason every time I go in I have to snack which isn't good!). Still have to go back out tonite and water the hydrangeas--those poor things wilt at the drop of a hat. It's 100 at least. They are predicting rain Tuesday--I'll believe it when I see it.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Oh, Gee! 100 degrees! It's forecasted to be 96 here, then hopefully, this will pass and we will get back down to lower 90's.

After being in a cold, cold school room all summer, this heat in the middle of the day is coming as a SHOCK!

Guess I'll get some more studying done tomorrow, and start preparing labels for these daylily seeds that need to be planted.

I also need to start taking inventory, so that I can have beds prepared when it cools down enough to plant my 'collection' of seedlings, rooted cuttings, etc.

Oh, and there should be more daylily seeds to harvest. Unfortunately, they don't start to crack open until the middle of the day when it is so very HOT!

It never seems to rain when you want it to, does it?
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Oh, FUNNY!!!!

Hoses are set and ready to go tomorrow.

Suddenly, a thunderstorm brews and it's pouring down rain (really hard) with lots of lightning. Looked and the doppler. One single storm right on top of us.

Goody!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    That is a really neat thing--your own personal rain cloud. I think the lugging around of hoses works like a rain dance sometimes !
    I'm going to go out now and look up at the sky !

Oh, My Goodness!!!

I am so very grateful for that rain last night, but GEE!!!!

It is 96 degrees (feels like 109) and is supposed to get as high as 98 (feels like 115) today. Tomorrow is going to be about the same.

This heat is AWFUL!!!!!

Somebody, PLEASE send a cold front our way!!!!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Rain, Cold Fronts...I'll take them too ! I weeded and mulched this morning and felt like the melting Frosty. My clothes were soaked.

Cathy,

You will not believe this, but there was a tiny spot of rain on the doppler, and GUESS where it was!

Yep! Right here. Didn't amount to much, but cooled everything down for just a little while. It only lasted about 5 minutes, and it was so light that the pollen on Grape Magic did not wash off (somewhat protected from above by the limbs of the old pecan tree).

Anyway, managed to get this picture before the clouds went totally away, my brugsmania!
    Attached Images  
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

That brug is absoutely gorgeous!
    It is still extremely hot and dry here in west MI. Heard on the news last night for july we were 8 1/2" below normal.
    The temps have been horrendeous here too. Mid 90's with higher humidity but no rain, zilch, nada, on the west side of the state, couple weeks ago it did rain good, but . . . . .that was a long time ago. .
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

+ Reply to Thread