+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marauding Bunny !

Blog Entries

Marauding Bunny !

I coudn't believe my eyes when I looked at the 6-pack plant containers that I had bought filled with: snapdragons and gazania. Everything was cut at soil level and as if that wasn't bad enough, the stems were just left on the ground. I guess the bunny(and we do have a baby one) decided that snapdragons don't taste too good-- after doing a 100 percent sampling ! I think it ate the gazania. The petunias were left totally alone--they must not even smell good enough to taste. Then Mr. Bunny visited the potted morning glory that I brought home from the daylily club meeting and cut it soil level and just left it and did not eat it. It left the spirea start totally alone. It also attacked some portulaca and verbena in plastic packs as well. I think the snapdragons, portulaca, and verbena might come back as long as the rabbit doesn't come back. Fortunately, the daylily seedlings are all in containers raised off the ground.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Do you need a recipe for rabbit stew?

Blue, the found cat, captured a baby rabbit. I chased her away from it, and it got away (to the neighbor's yard), but I still know that she got some of them while I was gone.

Most of my bunnies don't bother my plants. I think that is due to Blue...

The biggest problem I have right now is the weather, and lack of time to do what I need to do.

Good luck with the bunnies!!!

Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread