+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gardenweb question

Gardenweb question

I've been using the Gardenweb for years.In the last two weeks or so I've been unable to click on the forum part.Anybody else having this problem?If any of you use these forums check and see if you can go on and let me know.I miss it...
    Thanks,
    tony b.

I haven't had any problems at Gardenweb.

Gardenweb has been sold to ivillage. Some of their advertisement may be blocked by your provider. I know that there are a lot more advertisements, and some of them are annoying popups for surveys. If you answer the survey, you will most likely get it again with nothing in return.

Please understand that most sites are not free. Something has to fund them. In my case, I have ads, but they don't provide enough revenue to fund Landspro, so I pay the price for my own love of what I do, and I must say that I treasure the friendships more than anything else I could achieve.

Keep trynig, and hopefully it will get better!

Thanks for being friends of Landspro...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Each time you sign on to Gardenweb, you have to wait until they complete at least one slide show across the top, and then another one on the right side of the screen. Any time you move from one forum to another, or from one post to the next the same thing happens all over again. Many times, while you are reading or replying to a post, you can expect to see addin windows that move across the screen that invite you to take a survey, go to another site, or download some strange new "feature".

Fortunately my ISP provides a pop=up blocker, or I would still be getting those faster than I could delete them.

The only hope, if you insist on continuing to visit them, is to pick your favorite forum, put that one in your favorites, and go directly to it. eg: http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/propa/

Or, you can do like I have, simply find another way to spend your time.
    Tom W
    Aching Back Farm

Blog Entries
    There are much better places to spend your time than on the Garden Web. Here for one! Or Tinker's Gardens. He has a forum for just about anything that might interest you.

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

+ Reply to Thread