+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weeping Mulberry

Weeping Mulberry

Ann.B as promised. Here are some Weeping Mulberry Fruiting by the way. There are fruiting and non fruiting. My photos are resized from Photobucket a freeware site for storing pictures.

Im waiting for the trees to have nice foliage. Everything is behind here, including the rain. This is the picture I have on file. In the background to the right you can see plenty more.

By the way 2 Weeping mulberries and 1 Canada red Chokecherry.
    The Canada red chokecherry was dug and transplanted somewhere else not occupying a row all by himself the year before so the ball didnt have to be that big. George.

Wow! I love the pictures!

Quite impressive and very, very NICE!

How long does it take to produce a tree that size, and if you don't mind my asking, what kind of price tag do one bring?
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann.B a lot of customers ask me the very same question. How do I keep my plants looking so good. Quality.

Ann I take very good care of our trees. I like to sell my plants very reasonably priced. The higher the price the longer it stays here and the older it gets. The older it gets the harder to sell.

Ann I had a customer here today buying a Veecott apricot tree. He told me someone else has them 15' tall but worried they'll probably not take. I told him they probably asked too much when small and got bigger and now its too big its hard to move.

Ann these big trees weigh in about 350 - 400 pounds. Ill deliver these trees. The only thing I ask is for the owner is to dig the hole. I dont do planting. But I will put the tree in the whole. The owner will have a wheelbarrow ready and put some soil on the bottom as required, I then will put the tree in the hole and position the tree the best. The owner adds the soil, stakes it, waters it etc. Just setting the tree in the whole and positioning it is enough to make the customer happy.
    Ann you mentioned pricing. A weeping mulberry. range from 78.99, 89.99, 109.99. Ive sold more 109.99 than the other ones. The 109.99 are 50+mm caliper. The ones in the photo above are the 78.99. Ann people think Im going to give them a B.B tree at the same price as a tree in a pot.
    If you want 20 trees in a pot Ill load you up. If you want me to dig 20 trees for the same price then theres a lot of work.
    Only those who go to Building box stores complain about the price cuz they used to seeing dinky little trees in a pot.
    People these days want Quality but cheap.
    once someone buys a tree a sees the service provided they no longer complain. Ann plenty to read. George.

George,

That sounds like a great price to me. Do you sale primarily to landscapers?

I don't know very much about trees. Some trees that grow up north will not do well here because we either do not have enough chill hours or we get too many heavy rainfalls.

Do you have a retail office at your nursery? Are you open only on certain hours or by appointment only.

I know I have a lot of questions, but like I said. I know very little about the tree business.

There is a palm tree nursery near me. I think they sale primarily to landscapers and builders. There is also a tree nursery near my little boy's old school. The latter doesn't appear to have any sort of office. Both have BB trees.

Thanks for posting and being willing to explain to those of us who want to know, but know so little that we don't know what to ask.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann I wrote a great post but lost it a nd couldnt find it. im glad you like my pricing
    I only sell retail to the home owner. Im strict about the pricing. I Know of Nurseries that have high prices then when the customer comes in they play lets make a deal. I dont like to play lets make a deal.
    Ann you may be correct about the chill hours where you are. I think if a plant raised up north and is planted in the south is better than a plant raised in the south and planted up north. the chill/ thawing period will affect the plant a lot.

I only sell cash or cheque. I aint equiped for visa or interact. They want their percentage too. Ive spoke to my customers about this topic. I either raise the price to accomodate the visa/ interact or leave the prices low and they pay cash or cheque. they prefer the cash or cheque method. People dont mind the little time spent as long as they save.

By the way Im open 9am but have no closing time cuz if im watering im here anyway. I do have those who work far and cant be here by closing time. All I ask is that they call me in advance and Ill open up when they arrive. I did get times where they didnt come so I closed up.

Ann there have been times when a tree should have been priced much higher cuz it was hard to remove the tree. If you cant take a curve ball once in a while then stick to pots.
    Over here I dig trees, pot , cashier, delivery.
    I dont sell to the landscaper, I just have the one landscaper that if he cant find what he's looking for then he'll come here, no discounts he pays like everyone else. Im not selling someone my product so they can make a profit off it. Buying plants to improve your house and selling it afterwards are two different things.
    George.

+ Reply to Thread