+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What happened!

What happened!

Ann.B, The message board has slowed down in posts. I would see posts daily. What happened. Ive finally found out how to post pictures on my own. This is the time of season when the board should be getting steady. It feels like everyones gone fishing. I understand that its the busiest time, Im pretty sure evenings are free. Ann I busy but a lot of time I find out that were the only two on the board. Enough said. Ann take care and enjoy the extra time. Hope glen and the crew come by. George.

George

You sure seem to be correct -- no one home. Think they are all weeding in the dark, wearing little headlamps?

I don't know what to say, except that I am no longer able to spend the time to invite others to participate.

I need your help, everyone's help to generate new threads of interests, invite people to participate. Landspro gets lots of lurkers that never join, and lots of members that never speak.

At this point, I don't know what to do....

Any suggestions?
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

I guess we all have to participate a little more. Your efforts and the site really are appreciated.

Hey GUys, I no longer have a computer at home but try to check in at work when I can. I realy enjoy reading everyone's input.
    I am in the position of kind of starting over. I've split with my partner and still want to grow and sell. Will get some of plants from our nursery but lose greenhouse.
    I now have very little room for growing mother plants and potted plants. Want to mostly groe herbs and perennials. No room for trees and very few shrubs.
    Am in process of trying to reclaim my beds at home. HAVE one large area full of weeds. Any advice for getting it in shape quickly so I can put in my mother plants? I am contemplating taking aot plants that I want to keep and spraying the whole area or having plowed,disced and heavy mulch.

Since I do have to work I could keep the nursery the size I can take care of. Will not get back into selling probably until next spring.
    Any advice appreciated.
    tennessee sue

Hey Tennesee Sue, I dont know which direction your really going.
    I read you want to build a bed, mother plants etc, but you 'll probably be selling next year.

Sue if you want to fix it up to have a better resale value then thats one thing. If your going to do all that work and sell your property. I would think it over and tell your self what your getting out of it. No use spending a lot of time and money without a good return. What you may use the property for my not have the same intensions to someone else.

Sue good luck and keep posting. By the way sorry about the computer. George.

I am not selling my property, just trying to reclaim my flower beds to move my mother plants here from the nursery. Beds really neglected and weedy while I was living at farm where greenhouse is. Just getting rid of partner and going to one person operation.
    tennessee sue

Sue sorry for the confusion. I do applaud you for a single person opperation. Less headaches, less risk, but a lot more work.

Anyway sue depending on how bad the beds are. I think you might get away with rototilling the bed unless the ground is that hard. Second option, plow it and hopefully the sun will dry up most of the roots. Dont expect 100%, then disc.

Sue if the land is soft but just to many weed get someone with the cultivator(arrows) to scratch it up.

Sue spraying is not cheap. I dont know the size but thats irrelevant. Im pretty sure your answer is in here. Hard to tell without seeing. If it was grass with some weed that you wanted to get rid of then cut short and cover with plenty of woodchips. Thats exactly what I do here. Take care. george.

+ Reply to Thread