+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fritillaria Propagation

Fritillaria Propagation

Has anyone ever tried this? How did it go?

Blog Entries
    Egads ! I'm having a tough time even getting the original bulb to grow. Two years ago I planted a Persica and 2 Rubrums. Nothing happened. This year the Persica came up and made foliage, did Not bloom, and withered away. How do you get your Fritillaria to grow in the first place ?
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries
    I was on a bulb hunt today in my own garden--taking those I want(all) before closing on the house. I found Persica alright and nailed it with the shovel. Darn it, I hate it when that happens. I split one bulb and shaved another that must have offset from it. They had sprouts too, so that means no flowers this year. I sulfur dusted the pieces which did have roots. I guess for as many bulbs as I dug up, having this scenario happen to about 3 isn't bad.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Hey Dazed Lily,

Don't you just want to scream when that happens! You are smart to be collecting up your favorites before you move. Very smart.
    When do you move? How are you managing collecting up your daylilies?

I think I would write that right into the purchase and sale agreement...."Vendor intends to transplant all hemerocallis plants. Vendor will be back in May to collect them all".

Haha

+ Reply to Thread