+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Great Day to Work in the Garden

Blog Entries

Great Day to Work in the Garden

After 2 days of rain, it has finally stopped. It's cloudy and cool and that's my kinda gardening weather. Have new daylily arrivals to pot up, weeds to pull, tree branches to cut, compost piles to add to--that's today. Tomorrow, when the ground dries some, I'll plant all those bargain plants (seeannuals thread).
    I actually hope the sun doesn't come out today !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

The Sprinklers are Running...

Like I said, we get flooding rains followed by long droughts. It's supposed to storm again tonight, but right now, it is a bright and sunny 78 degrees. The temperatures have been around 85 in the afternoons.

So many things are in bloom in my gardens now. More and more daylilies are blooming, but it is still a long way from being peak season.

I have test papers to grade, but I keep venturing outside to take another peak and some pictures. I'll take more if the clouds form and block some of the bright sun.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Well, the fun continues. I finally called it quits in the DL seedling bed. I just made sure there were no big water gulping crabgrasses or similar close to the seedlings and called it good. I just couldn't take any more weeding. Maybe I can move on and figure out where to plant my annuals.
    When I close my eyes I can still see weeds !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

+ Reply to Thread