+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Iris - The Poor Man's Orchids

Blog Entries
    Had a new Siberian open yeasterday, but I couldn't get a decent image of it, will try in the morning; lots of blooms open on it now. Also should have two new TB Iris open tomorrow, both "Unknowns", well I used to know the name of one of them! One is the famouse "Horned Yellow" that I believe I shared an image of a couple years ago, the other one is multi-colored. Both will be huge blooms! There's one more TBI that will be open by the week end and I have it labled as EVER AFTER, we'll see soon enough.

My three clumps of Siberian seedlings are all showing some to a lot of color in the buds. Two are a dark blue-purple and the third is a lavender one and I'm actually more excited to see it open than the other two. Also have a couple in the mound bed that were purchased last Spring as bare root divisions at Wally World. One is most likely CESAR'S BROTHER, but the others aren't showing enough color yet to be able to tell.

The Japanese Iris, sitting in the pond keeps getting taller and taller and the two initial buds a getting fatter and fatter, but not showing any color yet. This will be my very first Japanese Iris and I am quite anxious to see it in bloom. I've been seeing pictures of some really awesome JI I would love to have, but I really want to see what I have already. I've also seen a couple of TBI I'd like to have, of course I haven't an idea on where I'd put them!

Well that's it for tonight, G-nite y'all!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Quick post for now, wanted to show y'all the lavender Siberian that opened the day before yesterday, more bloom open this morning. I have a STBI I'll show this evening!

Rebecca
    Attached Images  
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries

NAME FORGOTTEN

But it's still a beaut!
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries

"TEXAS LONG HORN"

I don't know what it's registered name is, that's just what I call it! Check out the "horns" on this lovely yellow:
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Here's a close-up of one of the horns:
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    I have one more TB Iris yet to open it's first bloom, EVER AFTER is it's name, I think. The buds were still quite tight yesterday evening and I haven't been outside yet today!

Several Siberians yet to open and the one Japanese Iris, so there will be a few more images of these before I start sharing Lily images.

The cooler weather seems to be good for the Iris and the Lilies, but it is causing the daylilies to be a bit late, but it will perhaps make for a much nicer bloom season for them and hopefully with larger blooms than last season.

Taking the cacti and succulent plants out today and the big Hibiscus. Will have to finish cleaning up the patio so everyone has space. Still have to find a spot for the amaryllis and the palms, then everything else!

Potted up several new cacti/succulent gardens after work yesterday and need to combine more of the smaller plants into "gardens", but have run out of suitable containers - which might be a good thing!

Hope to have new images of something this evening!

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca,
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful iris. I love everyone of them! I LOVE Iris'.
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Blog Entries

A FEW MORE, PART 1

This is what opened today on"Texas Long Horn", tryly a strange bloom; extra parts and short parts:
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Another view:
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    This one is my neighbor's. It reminds me of PERSIAN BERRY, but they weren't home to ask! It's awesome!
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries

SIBERIAN SEEDLING-FFO

This is one of three Siberian seedlings I've grown from collected seeds. It had it's debut last year, a very wimpy bloom at that. Well it has made up for the poor show last year by opening two blooms today out of 7 scapes. It isn't as large as most Siberians, but it has some very interesting patterns on the falls and the standards are streaked and dashed like the STBI BATIK! Take a look!
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Here's the second bloom from today:
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    There are a lot more blooms to come, which is a good thing as I'm thinking about trying my hand at hybridizing this one with an unknown lavender SI (photo attached). I'm hoping the splash is a nominant trait that will be passed on th the offspring along with the overall size of the pollen parent.

Hope y'all have enjoyed the show! EVER AFTER should be open tomorrow, cross your fingers that it doesn't get rained on!

Rebecca
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries

PRESENTING . . . . .

after a wait of many, many years of waiting to see it bloom for the very first time, the incomparable . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . TBI EVER AFTER:
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Gasp, gulp, drool, oh Rebecca that is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast