+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dwarf Iris

Blog Entries

Dwarf Iris

Last year I splurged and bought 4 new (to me) Dwarf Bearded Iris. They have started to bloom and I just gotta share them with y'all! Only three of the four have opened blooms, but the fourth one isn't too far behind as bloom stems are up and buds are beginning to show.

My faithful WILD CHERRY is also doing it's thing, but I haven't been able to get a really good image of it and, of course the tiny mini dwarf has done it's thing and is gone for the season already! Also in bloom is the pale yellow "Unknown" that will be moved when it has finished. Some will go into the mound bed, the rest will go "somewhere else"!

First up, since it was the first of the new ones to open a bloom, is OPEN SKY:
    Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    The next one to open bloom is this bright yellow, MISTER ROBERTS:
    Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    The most striking of the group has to be the third one to open,
    CAPTURED SPIRIT:
    Attached Images  
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Here's my pretty little light yellow "Unknown". They all seem to be enjoying the cooler weather and all the rain! Many of the TBI are showing scapes and/or buds now as well. No color in the buds yet, so it will be a bit longer before they bloom.

Hope y'all enjoied the show!

Rebecca
    Attached Images  
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Ah!

They are so beautiful. I have seen large clumps of them up north, but you don't see them very much down here.

I don't know whether it is lack of cold dormancy or too much humidity.

Or perhaps, I just haven't tried hard enough, huh?

Keep the pictures coming, and if you want I can create an Iris forum.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    As long as there are Iris in bloom for me to take pictures of, I will be posting images of them for y'all to drool over!

RARE TREAT will be the first of the tall bearded ones to bloom and it will try to bloom again inthe fall. It's tricky though as most years the buds get nipped by frost/freeze. After the TBI there should be a few of the Siberians to bloom and I am so hoping to see my one Japanese Iris bloom this summer. Dying to see what Cathy sent to me! Or was that Kathy, or Sandi, Sandy. . . my memory just ain't these days!

A seperate forum for Iris would be nice, but wait to see if any of the other memebers want it first. I know it isn't a biggie to make a seperate forum, but feedback from other members would be nice.

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

+ Reply to Thread