+ Reply to Thread

Thread: waht a day!

waht a day!

tried to squeeze in as much yard work as possible.Anyone ever tackle a patch of yuccas that has been un attended for 10 yeaRS?gOT A FEW BABIES OUT OF IT THOUGH.Also tried to thin the irises out of my snow on the mountain..more babies...feels good to get dirty again..hows everyone else's projects?

Ouch! Yuccas! They are beautriful, but if you ever try to clear a patch of them, expect to keep digging. You think you have all of the roots only to see another one sprout.

I have tons of blackberry vines in my gardens. They are in bloom now, and it rained the last two days, but guess what? They will find their way OUT in the weeks to come. Don't get me wrong, I love blackberries, but not in my flower beds!

I'll also be taking cuttings from my antique roses this week. I will be giving a presentation to a garden club in late May, so I have some propagating to do to demonstrate SUCCESS and give them encouragement.

Weeding, planting and hardening plants off are my biggest projects right now. I'm starting a few seeds now and then, but I have to break to get those seedlings hardened off and in their permanent locations.

Spring is so much FUN! Everything is turning green and/or starting to bloom.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Add killing fire ant beds to the list. Not so much fun, but these things are HUGE this year!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread