+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Okay, So Don't LAUGH!

Okay, So Don't LAUGH!

I mowed the back three quarter acre today.

Nope, there wasn't a lot of grass, but tons of flowering weeds - many varieties and HUGE fire ant beds.

Well, the fire ants do not like me or the riding lawn mower. No one would dare do this with a push lawn mower. You would be eaten alive!

So many things are waking up from winter. The pear tree is fully covered with delicate new leaves and some blooms are still opening. The leaves are so pretty right now, but I fear that they will become covered with spots and drop again. It hasn't seemed to hurt the tree, though. It is beautiful.

The fig tree has bright new, shiny green tips showing.

The rose bushes are sprouting new growth like crazy.

I spotted a small passiflora 'Amethyst that had popped up in a more protected area by the vegetable garden.

Spirea and Weigella are at different stages of sprouting.

The hydranges took a beating and looked really awful after the hurricane, but I see leaves popping out on them, so they are fine.

I see buds opening on the oakleaf hydrangea which needs to go in the back bed under the pine tree.

The variegated hydrangea has leaves. I have the small cutting (broken by accident) that overwintered just fine and is ready for a home.

Way up in the pine tree are tiny clusters of yellow banks rose. Such a neat sight, that is to see.

My paperwhites have all faded. Some daffodils are starting to fade. Others are just now opening.

More and more daylilies are showing up. Where are some of those coming from? I thought I dug everyone of them up in that one bed and potted them for the winter. Guess I missed some, huh?

Some of the seeds I started are ready to be hardened off and put in their places.

Spring is such an exciting time fo the year!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann,
    Did you ever move your Butterfly Bush.we discussed in early Winter?I moved mine and it was a job'Honeycomb' they really have deep roots.
    Thanks,
    William B.Z-6

Forgot my name again.
    tony b Z-6

+ Reply to Thread