+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting ready for spring!!!

Threaded View

Getting ready for spring!!!

Well it's getting that time of year. Will be getting my load of 'compost' within the next month if all this darn snow we have will just go away!!!
    The wood chips I've had for 2 years now will be good to mix with the compost. I will also be getting a load of sand from a local foundry. I had good results, mixing the compost, sand, and smaller wood chips together for potting up the seedlings and cuttings I did last year.
    I've also got my 'own' compost pile, sitting there rotting away. Each year I get more and more usable gold from it.
    I'm sitting here dreaming of spring, as I look out the window and see that is SNOWING again!! GRRR!
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Girl, you need a greenhouse! So much fun to get in there and work where it is warm inside and cold out.
    Really revived my spirit to get in there and start 25 different seed varieties. Can't wait to prick out seedlings and pot them up.
    Even a small greenhouse would be great for you when the snow is flying.
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries
    Sue- What kind of GH do you have ?
    (If it's in another post you can just give the link--no sense going around in a circle).
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Do a search for Sue Salley's Greenhouse, it is in that thread.
    We don't heat the greenhouse but just a little sun warms it wonderfully. We had snow and high winds last night but I worked in the gh today in a t-shirt. I do have heat unser my seed starting area. I am sick to death of snow and cold. Guess I shouldn't complain. We really have had very little snow. Most of what we have had has been in March!
    Daffodils are starting to bloom here and some of the outdoor plants are starting up. Hopefully I can cut back my work hours so I can get more fun hours (greenhouse time).
    tennessee sue

I couldn't agree with you more Sue!! Been telling the DH that for 2 years now! I do have the spot all picked out and resist planting anything there, because someday . . . . . .
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

I haul mulch for the public ,I'm ready for the phone to start ringing.Gota make hay while the sun is shining.Everybody wants it now,after Memorial Day it slows to a crawl,ain't people funny?
    tony b.Z-6

+ Reply to Thread