+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I Have a New ROOF!!!!

I Have a New ROOF!!!!

After almost 6 months of seeking qualified contractors and finding available material, my roof is FIXED!

I didn't get the color I wanted, but I did get my second choice.

Not only that, it looks great! Not a nail in site or a piece of shingle in the yard. It is as if they were never even here.

No more big, ugly bandaids. No more leaks, here and there!

It is DONE! And I am THRILLED!

Actually, I am relieved...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    YEAH! ANN'S GOT A NEW ROOF, LET THE SPRING RAINS BEGIN! (JUST DON'T OVER-DO IT!)

I know how relieved you must be and so fortunate to get craftsmen that clean up after themselves!

So what color did you get to go with the green house?! Hope it was a light color to reflect some of that summer heat!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Hey, Rebecca!

Black/charcoal was available and that was about it for a long time.

I wanted Slate, but I settled for Weathered Wood. That is what I had before, and I liked it.

Only this time, we paid the extra $$$ for 30 year Timberline shingles. Last time, I paid for 25 year, and that was less than 10 years ago (no insurance on that one). Go figure, the tree and the hurricane did a number on those.

Anyway, I am pleased not to have rain water dripping here and there anymore, and a roof that not only looks normal, it looks NICE!

I just can't believe how clean they left everything. And they didn't stomp all over my flower beds!

So, 45 squares and approximately $5,700 out of pocket, and it is DONE!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    . . . . approximately $5,700 . . . .

Ouch!

Now you know you'll have to get a picture of it, just don't fall out of a tree getting it!

Rebecca

Or would $190/year sound better?!
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

I'll have to try again...

These did not do so well, but this gives you an idea of the color.

Notice, NO METAL! That is a big improvement. The metal, even though it is galvanized is not made well and rusts too easily, so we chose to do without it this time.
    Attached Images  
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Nice looking roof! Looks better than mine and it's only a few years old. (the roofers weren't so careful here and damaged a lot of plants - thankfully that was before all the daylilies and spireas were planted!)

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

+ Reply to Thread