+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Taking Chances!

Taking Chances!

Well, I couldn't stand it any longer!

I detached the ends of the plastic on the porch, rolled up the plastic and tied it up. It sort of looks like valences hanging up there! LAS!!!!

There is one night this week forecasted for just below 40 degrees, but by now most of my plants have been exposed to that temperature for an hour or so anyway. So why not?

Nearly all the smaller Amaryllis are now moved to the outside. It is time for them to harden off and get more sun. I have a couple of Amaryllis with seed pods. One of those is Piquant. It remains to be seen whether the pods will hold. They are just now starting to swell. The others are Minerva. They were moved to the patio.

Red Peacock was moved to the patio along with any others that are getting ready to bloom. Lady Jane is opening, and I will try to get a picture for the Amaryllis forum.

Lots of other plants that are still one gallon rooted cuttings are now outside. The baby liliums are outside.

Seedlings have been moved to the greenhouse, and the greenhouse shut up to maintain warmth. They needed more light.

Coleus are still on the porch and will be moved into the greenhouse if the weather threatens to go much lower.

Other than that, I can lower the sides again, but I don't anticipate attaching the ends unless it threatens to go below 34-35 degrees.

Here's to hoping and a lot of praying that winter is OVER for us....

I must admit, the porch is nice when it is not so crowded and open to breeze and more light. I'm going to really enjoy it this summer. I've always wanted a back porch.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

The Plastic is OFF!

Totally off!

I am trusting the weather to continue to be mild and that spring has arrived....

I don't see any forecasts below 40 degrees in the next two weeks!

Wish me LUCK!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread