+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chicago Flower and Garden Show

Chicago Flower and Garden Show

Hi All,
    My friend and I will be traveling to Chicago in mid march for the 2005 Flower and Garden Show. I'm so excited, and early b-day present.
    A bunch of her friends from work, (she's and RN and works at a local hospital) are going by bus, for a long day there. We got the last 2 seats on the bus. I've never rode on a big bus before, and haven't been to a Flower and Garden Show of this magnitude before. Hopefully it will help quell the dreary days of the last of winter.
    Here's a link:
    http://www.chicagoflower.com/gardens.htm
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Blog Entries
    That sounds like a really fun time ! Remember to take a camera !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Now, I bet that was FUN!

We had a show here in the last week, but I missed it because other things were happening, and I am teaching on Saturdays.

Oh, well...

I hope everyone will attend the shows in their area. There is so much to be learned, and lots of friends to make!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Well it hasn't been fun yet, but am sure it will be. We won't be going until March 18th.
    Shepp,
    There is one garden, built with model railroad theme. I'll make sure and take some pictures for you. One of my friends, is also 'into' railroading.
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Blog Entries
    The Indy Garden and Patio Show is coming up here, not sure of the date though. I've gone in years past and have brought home several very nice plants (house plants), usually miniature African Violets, but also some interesting succulents.

I haven't been able to go in the last few years and it isn't looking good for this year either, but that's okay since I'll be having my own "show" soon enough!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Woo- hoo ! I am so pysched ! I was going to man the Daylily Club booth at the Wichita Lawn & Graden show on its last day from 11-1 this coming Sunday. I found out I'd have to 'share' a pass (sounded like a sneak in the backdoor thing) because the Club had only so many free tickets and since I was last to sign up(I just joined!), they were out of them. Just by chance, last night, as I fumbled looking for the link to the show so I could post it here(I wiped out the post in the process and was too tired to retype),I accidentally found that a local TV station was having a contest to give away a pair of tix daily. I registered. I told hubby and he said," you aren't going to win'. I just checked my e-mail and found a note from the TV station telling me that 2 tix went in the mail today. Woo-Hoo!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!

We will expect a full report, complete with pictures! You lucky puppy, you!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Got the tix today--they are multi-day gate passes !!! Can't get any better than that !

New link(3/4/05)

http://www.360wichita.com/Attraction...ardenShow.html
    Last edited by Dazed_Lily; 03-04-2005 at 07:11 PM.

Whoaaah!!!!

How fun!

I looked at the website, and sure appears to me like they are getting you all ready for spring fever! Nice!

Enjoy, Cathy! I sure wish I could go to all of them. Wouldn't that be a hoot? To make a living going to all the wonderful flower and garden shows?

Dream on, huh? I'd go broke with desire!

But, still... What a wonderful dream it is!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Cathy,
    Well you lucky girl you! Hubby was WRONG when he said you wouldn't win a pair. LOL! Is he using the other ticket? Enjoyed looking at the site and previewing some of the gardens you will see. 2 more weeks till I get to go to Chicago. Make sure and take lots of pics to share with us.
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Blog Entries
    Hey Vicki ! What day are you going ?

Chicago day trip

Cathy,
    Will be going on the 18th. I'm so looking forward to the show. Their website shows some gorgeous gardens to enjoy. It is snowing again today, although I can see spots of my gardens out there. It's pretty nippy today and I will be sowing more seeds, dreaming of spring.
    Now I just need to get the 'spring cleaning' done, so as to not have to waste a day in the house, when it finally warms up.
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Blog Entries
    Vicki : How was the show ?

Cathy and All,
    Sorry to have not posted, but tried to yesterday with pictures and all and my puter froze, and froze, and kept on freezing. I'm hoping my hard drive isn't going bad. 3rd time in 2 weeks I've had to reinstall xp.
    The flower show was great. The bus trip was fun, clean, and comfortable. On the way back they handed out tickets and did some drawings for donated gifts. There were 2 $10.00 gift certificates to a greenhouse not far from me. Lucky me I won one!!!
    There were lots of people there so it was hard to get decent pics. Sometimes people can be so inconsiderate (like walking in front of you, when you're trying to get a pic!)
    But anyways did get a few, but don't know how to add more than one image so. . will take it one at a time.
    English cottage garden, my favorite. There were 16 esperlaried (sp?) pear trees surrounding this garden. Our host on the bus on the way back, told us about talking to the 'owner' of these trees, and he sold everyone of them for $600.00 each!!! With orders for more. They were nice, but geez. . . that's a lot of money!!!
    Here's a pic:
    Attached Images  
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Here's another one of a Holland Garden. It had 2 windmills but could only get 1 in the pic. 5,000 + blooming bulbs. It smelt heavenly.
    Attached Images  
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast