+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Favorite Seed Companies

Favorite Seed Companies

Let's have some favorite seed companies! Anybody?

Sue,
    How about GEO seeds? Are they on the web? Looked and Looked, I do have one of their catalogs from last year, somewhere hmm, wonder where.
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Blog Entries
    My favorite seed "company" is MOTHER NATURE'S GARDENS

Oh, sure, I'll purchase seeds from Wally World from time to time, but mostly I plant what I've harvested the year before and kept in the fridge, of then for years before getting around to planting them! I seldom buy annual seeds unless I'm looking for something new or different, like CARDINAL CLIMBER. I generally just buy bedding plants when I need those extra spots of instant color.

A lot of what I grow comes up on it's own every year: DAME'S ROCKETS, RED LADY SAGE, 4 O-CLOCKS, NICOTIANA. And that's just the annuals that self sow and winter over. All of the various "coneflower" give me lots and lots of seedlings, as does columbine and an occasional mum!

Now that I have started to think about this, here's a few more that come back yearly, from seed: balsam, nigelia (Love-in-a-Mist), hardy geraniums (Cranesbill), Pansy, Sweet Allysum (white mostly, but I did have a lavender show up this past Spring).-, Scarlet Sage, Blue Sage (Salvias), Purple Sensation Allium, various (true) lilies - mostly "Tiger Lily", Hollyhock - even after digging up all the ones I've had!, Let's see, I've had a few Petunias come up, but after the first year they tend to revert to their wild form, very heavily fragrant just not very showy!

A lot of it, most of it at times, comes up where I don't want it, so I move them around to spots where I do want them!

So there you have it, my favorite seed sources!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Has anyone ever used this seed co.?They really have good prices.
    www.lonniesbulkseeds.com
    Thanks,
    William B.

William,

Except for the cyrpess vine, the prices look great!

The only reason that I state that exception is because the vine grows wild here and can be somewhat invasive. In fact, this past summer, a few vines started growing up by my mail box post, and I never planted them. The seeds are easily harvested in the fall. They grow on the sides of the road and in ditches all around my community, and they are very pretty. I am just surprised at the price of these.

Other than that, the quantity for the price looks very good.

If anyone tries an order from this company, please let us know!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread