+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I have the Fever!!!!

I have the Fever!!!!

I have added a seeds forum because it has been too long since I have focused on growing from seeds...

I miss it!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Thank you ! Thank you ! Thank you ! What a neat gift for all of us ! Yay !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries
    Ann,

I see you have actually added four new forums: SEEDS, HOUSEPLANTS; TROPICALS and BULBS. Good idea GF! I think the cooler weather you've been having has revived your brain cells! You're starting to think like a gardener again! LOL!

About the only houseplants I've ever grown from seed were African Violets and Florist's Gloxinias. Have tried cacti a time or two, but always managed to kill the poor little things.

I think we'll keep Daylilies from Seed in the Daylily forum though, since it is so specialized.

I've been saving odd ball seeds all summer, so I may have a few posts for the "SEEDS" forum.

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca,

It is nice to be off and have the time to breath without rushing.

I cleaned in the old greenhouse some more, replaced the storm door hinge which has been broken for over 6 months, dug up some overgrown privets from my circle bed (after moving all of the pots of daylilies). Pruned the gigantic and over grown budleia (who'd have ever thought that scrawny thing would grow into a tree).

I am wearing a sweat shirt, and if it weren't for all the black berry vines, it would have been replaced by a thin tshirt earlier today.

It's 57 degrees, but feels a lot hotter than that when you are working in such beautiful sunshine with hardly any breeze.

I think it would be nice to have school in the summer and be off for the winter. Most winter days are really nice here. We are looking at highs in the 60's and lows in the 40's for the next two weeks. Some say it will get into the lower 70's. That is more like our average winter weather.

I am enjoying... School won't always take up this much of my time, but for now it does.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Any ideas for other forums to add before spring?

I was thinking about Roses. I love my antique roses. The Fairy Rose is filled with buds already, and I see one tiny red seed pod.

I want to make some more cuttings of The Fairy, but gee, it is always either in bloom or filled with buds!

Any others?

Also, I need help! It doesn't look good to see Ann B. up and down the entire list, so I need some input.

How about perennials, Rebecca? Bienniels?

Annuals? Ah! We know that sun loving coleus would be my current favorite for that one.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Ann,
    Sure, I'll take on the Perennials and biannuals, not that I know that much about them, but Google.com is one of my favorite sites!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Ann- I think Roses would be an excellent forum. I know that there are more than a few rosarians out there ! Here are some other ideas for forums:

Lilium (I'll be starting them from seed again this year; lilies are my addiction second to daylilies !)
    Fruit & Nut Trees
    Vegetables
    Compost/Mulch(we had a thread going on this one a few months back)

Just brainstorming.......

Whoooooah! Those are good ones!

How about Soil/Compost/Mulch? They all go somewhat hand in hand, don't they?

I thought about annuals also. My beautiful coleus need to be watered. So far, so good with those, but I need to get the water hose inside that closed in porch TOMORROW at the latest.

High temps in the 70's for the next four to five days. I think I saw that one day is going to be 77 degrees.

I'll add the others tonight, and maybe I should search and find some of the favorite and really good threads to move there.

Keep those ideas coming....

Thanks!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann,
    How about butterfly gardens, shade gardens, and water gardens. Just a few thoughts . . . . .lucky you highs in the 70's! Becoming a snowbird looks better all the time!
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Blog Entries
    Wow ! That was fast . I really do think they'd be good forums--probably are some threads that can populate them.
    I was going to post a thread about the temps here today--mostly to 'antagonize' the other Zone 6 and 5'ers !
    It hit 70 degrees ! It's 63 right now (6:13 PM CST) and should be 63 tomorrow. Rest assured we'll pay for this !

Ann and Cathy,
    Well maybe weather should be another one LOL! Speaking of which after a couple of weeks of single digit temps, we are now having a virtual heat wave. It is 46 degrees out and it melted alot of the snow we have managed to get. I see bare earth here and there. It is now getting windy. We are supposed to be in the high 40's with rain the next couple days. Which should do in our snow or most of it anyway. But as Cathy said, I'm sure we'll pay for it.

Thanks Ann, I am excited at more forums to read and contribute to.
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Ann,
    How could I forgotten SHRUBS! One of my all time favorite things to propagate!
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Ann--no perennials? Of course, it depends on what zone one is in. Almost everything is perennial to you--BUT not to the rest of us!!
    Sandi
    SE PA, zone 6b

+ Reply to Thread