+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stag Horn

Stag Horn Fern

This was a gift to me from a friend. it was just a little pup when i recieved it. its a little over 30 inches tall now.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by shepp; 12-11-2004 at 06:18 PM.

the other side
    Attached Images  

Shepp,

It is gorgeous, and I think your fern found a good friend. It really seems to like you. Who would have thought that it would do so well in Ohio?

See the fold on the second picture where the brown is? That is what I want to show you in a picture (as soon as I get to it and take one). It is currently out of reach, but a few days ago, I spotted a new leaf sprouting in a fold just like the one in your picture.

I think this is a sign that you need to give it more space. They need little or no soil, but they do get huge. They will grow well in a wide hanging basket or on an old log.

That also reminds me that I need to take my camera with me to school one day. There is an unusual display that I want to share. It is in the front yard of a home very near my school.

Very nice, Shepp! Thanks for the smile on my face!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Here you go...

I couldn't get the whole thing in the picture. It was dark. I don't have lighting under the porch yet, so I used a flash.

I think you will get the idea. The new leaf is coming out from under the brown.

Also, you see another little round thing forming at the base. I am not sure what that is called, but it is neat to watch these plants multiply.
    Attached Images  
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread