+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Variegated Peruvian Lily

Variegated Peruvian Lily

I've never seen this one before, but when I saw it at Home Depot, I just had to have it. The foliage is striking! I can't wait to see a bloom!!!

P Hymenocallis L Variegata
    Attached Images  
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Oh WOW! Ann, that is one awesome looking plant! Are they hardy enough that you can grow them outside year round? We can grow PL here as long as they are lifted in the fall. Great pot plant too.

Oh! Before I forget, H. APHRODITE has a bloom open! Will try to get pictures of it tomorrow. No seed set on PHILLY though.

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Yes, they are hardy here.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I spotted the plants. They were way back in an area that I wouldn't have imagined bulbs being. I didn't have time to purchase them that day. I was trying to find supplies for repairs. Some supplies are really hard to find and are gone as soon as they come into the store.

I made a mental note to return this weekend. I went directly to where I spotted them, and sure enough, there were still plenty there.

They are not cheap, but not that bad for potted bulbs. Each pot has about 3-4 bulbs and they are $10 each.

Rebecca, I spotted one of my paperwhites already blooming. One clump was crushed while repairing the patio corner, but that couldn't be helped. It was them or the hydrangea. They will bounce back.

I need to take inventory of my Amaryllis. I have so very many babies. I repotted about a dozen in a 5 gallon pot so that they will not take so much room. The deeper pot will give them more root space.

I still have a lot of larger babies from bulb cuttings to transplant. I don't have the courage nor the time to prepare a bed for them yet.

Everything that I am bringing inside needs to be fertilized and trimmed back.

At least the weather is getting cooler for us...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread