+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Chance of Frost

But

there are stll quite a few that look like this (and lots more buds)...
    Attached Images  
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Very lovely, Ann. Everything has gone t sleep for the winter here; the last few days put them all under. Even the evergreen daylilies are looking rather sad and forlorn. And the flowering cabbages and kale have definitely seen better days.

Well, I'm off to work on some DL crosses ideas and do some composites that I may post on the DL Forum.

Rebecca
    Attached Images  
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca,

The daylilies are still as green as ever. In time, some will go completely dormant, but it is amazing that one really hard freeze and those fine leaves are still as erect and perky as ever while other plants are melted. I guess that is why I struggle with the term 'evergreen'. I think some that are not evergreen will continue to be green here despite the fact that they are not categorized as being evergreen.

Winter can be a restful time when gardeners rest, think, share and learn and look forward to spring.

Rebecca, you are definitely what teachers refer to as a visual person. Your art intrigues me, and inside I can feel the joy that you have with your art. I am a visual person, but I am not as artistic as you are!

Thanks for the inspiration!!!!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3