+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Pc Background Images

Blog Entries

New Pc Background Images

Evenin y'all! Thought I'd let you know I've up-loaded new background images in the "Backgrounds" Album at ImageHost. Most are "Untitled" and if anyone comes up with a good title for one of these I'll send you that image to use on your PC. I will also give you credit for naming the image (under discription).

To make it easier to find the newest images I've changed my settings so that they are shown first.

In Other News:

Not much blooming here, but then it IS November! I do have an adventurous white coneflower with a lovely bloom - it's first, as mentioned on another thread.

All but the hardiest of the evergreen daylilies are all asleep, it looks so pitiful in the seedling bed and the staging area! I am still checking for Squirrel damage every few days and still occasionally find where the little dickens has been digging in the seedling bed or rooting around in a potted plant.

It's going to be a long winter - once it actually gets here. Weather has been so strange this year. Lots of rain this fall and I'm still hoping for a lasting snow cover for all the plants.

The ferel kittens I've been feeding are getting so big! Well the ones I get to see are. Another one showed up a few days ago and immediately started to berate me for not bringing him something to eat sooner! The orange male kitten actually allowed me to pet him today while he ate, but he's still a bit untrusting, espically after I picked him up the other day and scared the bejezes out of him! The newest prodical kitten will also let me touch him, but only if he's in the mood.

I'm not really looking forward to stomping through snow to take them their food, but I can't really catch them all and bring them home either. It's quite a quandry! I very nearly tried to pick up the orange one again today, but thought better of it since I do not have the cage set up to keep him in until he tames down. He is a beautiful fellow, but at this age I'm not so sure he would be easily tamed. I know 'Baby' would have a hissy fit if I just brought him home and let him have the run of the house. I call him Cinnamon. Yes, as a matter of fact I have named the others I see all the time! The smaller black and white one is "Bootsie", the orange female (?) is "Sissy" and the other black and white one is "Muffin Man" - he got his name when he was still quite small, Believe it or not, the three boys are getting used to their names and do react to them somewhat. Of course the only time I even go near them is when I have food for them so they always associate me with food and know it's safe for them to come out of their hiding places when they hear my car pull in. 'Muffin Man greeted me again today when I arrived. They were all a little slow in showing up and I didn't stay long enough to see "Sissy"

Well, I've rambled on long enough! Hope all how are interested take a look at the new images and can come up with a few really good titles!

Rebecca

Attached Images  
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    I'll check out those backgrounds and can't resist a creative challenge--re names !

Those kitties sound sweet; they are lucky to have you. Of course, you know to be careful with the little ones climbing into the engine area of a warm car. When you mentioned how they come for food when they hear your car it reminded me of a friend of mine. She lives on a farm and has feral cats. She works at a local aircarft compnay and takes a 20 minute highway ride to work. One day she pulled into a parking spot at work, turned off the engine and heard an odd sound. It sounded like mewing. She popped the hood and there was a kitten--quite alive and unharmed. Well there she was at work with a kitten(no way can she take it inside). Luckily, the security guard said he would take it and did. Quite a story--she said she was driving 60-65 mph on the highway at times ! 8 lives left for that one after that episode !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries

Fortunately, or perhaps unfortunately, these kittens are much to wild to get that close to the car. They are between 3 and 4 months old now and I started feeding them when they first started coming out of their hiding place when they were probably 5 weeks old. They have all disappeared a couple of times, when the momma cat took them off after too many people started bothering them. The last time they were AOL for almost a month and got no feedings from me, although I kept a coffee can with dry food and a bottle of water in the car just in case they turned up. Which is what they did! But only three at first and now a fourth one. The fifth kitten a mostly black calico has yet to show herself and she was one of the tamer ones before. I did see the momma cat out mousing in the field behind the store a few days ago so the calico may be staying with her. The other prefer the safety of the stacks of cinder blocks and pallets and knowing they'll be getting at least one good feeding every day, rain or shine. And as long as they are there to eat, I'll bring them food.

They had quite the feast today as I mixed in several left over cans of cat food Baby wouldn't eat along with kitten chow into a bowl of tuna and rice I got tired of eating. (It's so hard to cook for just one person!) They gobbled it right down too! Rice, peas and all!

I feed they on my meal breaks on the days I work and take an empty pop bottle in with me to fill with hot water to mix with their food. It gives them something to drink and something to help warm them up at the same time. I wish I had something to take in for them to shelter in that would give them enough room that they could all pile up together, but they have wonderfully thick. double coats so I am not too concerned about them staying warm this winter. They can get under the shipping containers that we use to store our overstock in, at least they'll be able to until it snows. They have to sleep in what's left of the bales of straw when that happens. And I'll trudge out to feed them so they should be okay this winter.

At least I hope they will be.

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

+ Reply to Thread