+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fantasy Poinsettias

Wow!~~~~~

What a show!!!!!!

Those are unbelievably gorgeous! Who'd have ever thought that they would be so pretty.

And with that mixture of colors, it is like the colors of ornaments and lights on a huge Christmas tree.

I'm impressed, really impressed! Who'd have thought?

Thanks, Cathy for taking the time and expense to share the photos. I have never seen anything like them!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Well, hum.. . er. . . uh .. . okay, so some didn't look too bad, like the ones with more "natural" looking colors, but the blues and deep purples and the ones with all the glitter just don't cut it with me. Guess you could call me a "Natural Naturalist" I also don't believe in mess with Mother Nature or fixin somethin that ain't broke!

Them crazy Europeans always did go for weird stuff!

Of all of them, the only one I find pleasing is the wine colored one and the pale pink one and the one that looks like it's white.

Rebecca

Blog Entries
    Isn't the topic of human perception and processing into likes and dislikes fascinating ? For example, I love fruitcake and am not ashamed to admit it ! LOL!
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Rebecca,

There are so many Poinsetta nurseries around here, and the stores are filled with them. They are all over the place. After awhile, I get tired of seeing the red ones everywhere.

I think it is neat to see some of the other colors and effects. I doubt that I would buy one, but they are neat.

Awe, shucks, Cathy! I was hoping that I was the only person left in the world that likes fruit cake. That way, I could have it all to myself! Actually, I prefer the old fashioned kind like my grandmother used to back in 1 lb. coffee cans. Now, THOSE were GOOD! She would freeze them until Christmas, then give them as gifts.

All of us in my family loved them, so they were devoured in no time.

Keep having fun, Girls!!!!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Walmart has Poinsettias with what looks like leaves that are dyed with blue and purple food coloring. Apparently, the original 'bloom' is cream colored, but it looks like a food color died carnation bloom.

Interesting, but these were not that pretty. In fact, they weren't nearly as pretty as the red ones are. The coloration was not as rich and vibrant as those in your pictures.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries

I think that we have discovered the 'discount' version of fantasy poinsettias ! Leave it to Wally World and, I must say, I have seen the 'lesser quality' ones at Lowes and Home Depot as well !
    The ones I took photos of were at a nursery..far from being a discount nursery ! I only buy things on sale there(in January) if that gives you any idea of how overpriced they are. But in this case I must say that whoever their source is...they must be the 'originals' and certainly have more quality and artistic concern applied to their work than whoever is supplying Wally World,et.al.

When done right...they are pretty !

I will ask the nursery who their supplier is...
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2