+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do You Remember When. . . .

Blog Entries

Do You Remember When. . . .

This was just too good not to share with everyone! Thanks Peoplepleaser! ((())) ((())) ((()))!!!

http://www.thestatenislandboys.com/U...l_me/index.htm
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

I love IT!

Thank you so much!!!!!

If only you knew how much I can identify with that right now....
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    YOU can identify with it! I remember ALL of it! FIRST HAND, even!!!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Oh how fantastic ! It made me smile. And it made me remember even more...and smile again !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

It was a nicer world wasn't it? I remember running all around my neighborhood. The parents set some outside limits which usually meant somewhere within shouting distance and off we'd go. I can remember hide and seek in the dark! Now that's fun! I can remember walking to school all by myself. TAlk about weird! I occupied myself teaching myself how to whistle like a man! I used and currently use that skill to this day. When the kids were little, if they heard that whistle, they yelled "coming" and beat feet! Last March my now 42 yr old daughter and I went to the Chicago Quilt Show. Occasionally, Kari would get ahead of me. If I couldn't
    see her, I just whistled and she'd pop up. Works every time!

Thanks for sharing that great link!!
    Sandi
    SE PA, zone 6b

I remember when my brothers were teenagers and disappeared into the woods and wetlands, rivers and bay area and my mother would honk the horn three times to signal for them to come home.

I love the area where I grew up. We had everything anyone could ever want. Wild blueberries, wildflowers, wetland plants to explore, fishing, no city noises, no worrying about locking doors at night or strangers passing by...

But wow! Wouldn't it have been nice to have a riding lawn mower?!!!! And I have to admit that air conditioning would have been nice, both at school and at home.

Still, those were good times. I'd go back any time!

Memories of younger years...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread