+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Apple Blossom Petals & Fawn Spots(Cute Pic )

Blog Entries

Apple Blossom Petals & Fawn Spots(Cute Pic )

I guess this is more of a Spring pic than a Fall pic but I just thought it was neat anyway. Nice juxtaposition of man, nature and wildlife. The fawn was found on some people's front steps and they took this photo.......the white spots on the steps are apple blossom petals.

Isn't this an amazing photograph??? A great job of camouflage!

The fawn stayed there all morning (they live in Bend, OR) and the mama came to get it after 4-5 hours.

Kudos to the people to leave the fawn alone, knowing the mom would be back!
    Attached Images  
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

That is soooo sweet!! That is photo contest material! Thank you so much for sharing. Makes me appreciate the spring all the more!

Newt
    When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Welcome, Newt!

My apologies for not saying welcome sooner. I am in overload at a Title I school, and on top of that recovering from the hurricane. What a mess... I will never get everything done in time for winter. So, please forgive me for being so late in welcoming you. We are all glad you are here, and I am so glad that you made your first post. It's a cute one...

Cathy, a friend sent me that pic a long time ago. It seems like forever, but I had to smile when I saw it once again.

I must admit, though, that I tend to get more kittens at my doorstep than fawn, yet I see the fawn in the neighborhood.

They are sweet and cute, aren't they! If only they had enough natural habitat that they didn't merge and be destructive for some.

God love them....

Thanks!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Hi Ann,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am so sorry to hear about your hurricane woes. My heart aches for those who have had to live through that. I just received an e-mail today from a friend that is a tribute to all who have survived. You may want to take a look. It made me cry! It takes a bit of time to load, but it's worth it.

http://www.silverforkmedia.com/hurricane2004.html

I grew up in the mountains of N.Y. and got to see Bambi and friends all the time. My DH and I have also been wildlife transporters for a wildlife rehab center and had the opportunity to transport a spotted Bambi once. Poor baby got stuck in a fence trying to escape some dogs. But, all is well and Bambi is now living free! It is so sad that so many creatures have less and less habitat to live in. Thought you might like to see this garden visitor I had about a month ago.

Newt
    Attached Images  
    When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Blog Entries
    Oh Newt ! I just watched that slideshow and it was great !
    I also love your garden photo !
    I'm looking forward to your posts !
    Welcome !
    Dazed_Lily(Cathy)
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Hi Cathy,

I'm sooo glad you liked that site. Thank you for the warm welcome.

Newt

+ Reply to Thread