+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Other Treasures in the Garden

Blog Entries

Other Treasures in the Garden

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this stunning yellow and black spider. I have taken pix but can't access them just this minute. Here is a weblink but my Argiope spider(I just learned that) is 100 times more beautiful than this pic shows(this pic is the underside)--top side is bright bright yellow and deep coal black and that web--a big old heavy vertical zig zag in the center...what a nice late summer treat !

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/images/669628070
    Last edited by Dazed_Lily; 08-29-2004 at 12:02 PM.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

We have lots and lots of these critters....

They are quick to move and don't seem to be harmful, but their huge webs, now yellow in color, are constantly a nuisance as I try to move through doors of the patio and greenhouse.

I don't mind as long as they don't bite!
    Attached Images  
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Yucky!!!!

I do love all of God's creature's, but sure am GLAD they are not here! I thought you were talking about spider daylilies! They are amazing in color though. I haven't ran across many spider's in my gardens. But lots of daddy long legs. No snakes yet either. I think my dogs chase them away.

I do have TONS of pollywogs and frogs. Different types frogs also.
    Some are tinney tiny lime green tree frogs. They are way minature and so cute. I've also seen lots of different birds than
    BP (before pond).

My friend brought me some water hyacinth yesterday. Today there were 3 or 4 in bloom. Very pretty, never seen the ones last year bloom, as the dogs thought I put them there for their treats!

Always enjoy the pics. . . . . thanks!
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

+ Reply to Thread