+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Christmas in August?????

Christmas in August?????

Every year, they seem to start stocking up with Christmas decorations earlier and earlier. Labor Day isn't even here yet, and there they are.... Christmas decorations at the stores....

Do people really start buying for Christmas so early?

I welcome the arrival of bulbs every year, but this thing about Chirstmas so early really bugs me!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Totally ridicilious! That sure don't look like it's spelled right, but you get my drift, I hope.
    The over-commericalization of holidays totally bugs me period. But especially Christmas.

Same thing with putting out winter clothes in the middle of summer. Haven't been able to find a decent pair of sandals since shortly after spring. There was 2 ft. of snow on the ground and bathing suits hanging in the aisles. In Jan. couldn't find a pair of boots for my ever growing 11 yr. old! Geesh, marketing, marketing in our buy, buy, buy society. Go figure!

Thought I'd add a few of my gripes. Now I feel better thanks!
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Amen, ladies. Remember when they didn't put out Christmas til after Thanksgiving? I do my shopping early but I don't want to see decorations til the season is here.
    My Christmas cactus thought it was Dec. some of them bloomed and I sold them right off at the farmers market. Go figure.
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries
    Here in Oz we have something called 'Christmas in July' at the downtown convention center. People come from miles around(vendors and customers) to Christmas shop. I've yet to attempt it but it draws quite a crowd--shuttle buses to and from parking,etc.! But then again, there isn't all that much in the form of attractions here in the first place ! We had the ladies world bowling conference here from May-July. I think it ended before 'Christmas in July'--boy, that would have been bedlam !
    Last edited by Dazed_Lily; 08-30-2004 at 07:41 PM.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

+ Reply to Thread