+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anemonoe x hybrida Alice

Blog Entries

Anemone x hybrida Alice

Just came home from the Wichita Botanical Gardens known as Botanica. Admission was free today thanks to the Daylily Club that was also having a sale(unbelievably I did not make any purchases). The gardens were quite beautiful and I walked through the butterfly house and was lucky enough to see a butterfly emerge from its chrysalis. Lots of lantana and penta planted in the butterfly house but not surprisingly most were attracted to the butterfly bush(buddleia).
    Also, despite the many types of dayliles, not one measly seed pod was to be found ! Too many smart people walking trough there ! Or maybe they deadhead. Also the crepe myrtle was too early on for seed pod picking !
    My fav flower was something I had never seen before...anemonoe x hybrida 'Alice". Again, since it was just blooming, no seeds were evident. I tried to find a photo on the web but just found a description:

"Unlike many Anemones, ‘Alice’ spreads slowly, growing into a clump 3 ft. across within three years. It is robust and upright with large leaves that outsize the foliage of most hybrida forms. In our garden, the semidouble soft pink flowers appear to float ..."

Does anyone out there have this ?
    Another plant I liked was in the xeriscape area:Scotellaria

Here is a link to Botanica. I don't have the s/w to view the video, so I hope it's worthwhile:

http://www.botanica.org/tour.html
    Last edited by Dazed_Lily; 08-28-2004 at 12:59 PM.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Neat! Sounds like a lot of FUN!

Do you know where I can find a picture of 'Scotellaria'?
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Oops. I couldn't read my own handwriting..it is scutellaria..apparently there are many variations..I should have written down the rest of the name. The one I saw was rose colored.
    I also cannot type anemone without sticking an o between the n and e ! I have to say I really liked that one. It took some hunting to find the name tag but I finally found a clump with a name tag.
    It was fun and a nice peaceful place.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

+ Reply to Thread