+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Variegated Lantana

Blog Entries

Variegated Lantana

This was just a ting thing when I bought it a month ago, it was immediately re-potted, watered and left to it's own devices in the bright sunshine next to my white flowered Lantana and the named var. "Dallas Red". Well, since it has a couple of blooms clusters to also show off I thought y'all like to see it! I also have a lavender flowered var., not nearly as impressive as this one though!

Enjoy!

Rebecca
    Attached Images  

Blog Entries

Close-up of bloom clusters and leaf variegation.
    Attached Images  

Oh, shucks! Rebecca! That is the one that I took cuttings from that I was going to send you. Then I went into overload at school and grad work. They didn't root...

The mother plant still lives, and I keep telling myself that I need to make cuttings, but haven't had time.

Isn't it pretty? I didn't trust it to be hardy outside, and I moved it to protection for the winter. It died back, but did emerge again.

Most of the lantana are hardy here, but I am not sure whether this was is or not.

There is supposed to be a variegated one that has a bloom that is not yellow, but I haven't seen that one on the market. For now, I am just glad that this one is surviving.

I'm glad you found one.

Shame on me... Wow! Will I be glad when I am a tenured teacher...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries

Sorry Ann, I had forgotten all about yours! oops!

Hum. . . I may have to winter this one over differently than I do all the others, perhaps it will get to stay upstairs instead of in the basement. I think I'll keep the lavender one upstairs as well.

The first cuttings of the lavender one have rooted and are starting to bloom so I took more cuttings today. Mainly because I needed to see what shape the mother plant is in in the combination planter/hanging basket. I may end up separating all the plants in that basket and potting them all individually, well the ones I'll try to keep at least.

Looks like we both get too busy at times a forget to do things! Don't worry about it and if yours ever gives up the ghost, I'll still have this one (hopefully!)

Rebecca

+ Reply to Thread