+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what's this?

Question what's this?

this gets about 4 feet tall and the tiny blooms smell wonderful? no one can tell me what it is though
    Attached Images  

Telecaster; I don't have the foggiest idea what that plant is, but it sure is unusual. If you don't get an answer here, perhaps you could take this picture to your local nursery and ask them. Another idea would be to find out where your Master Gardener's extension office is and take this picture to them. Our Master Gardeners extension is through Oregon State University, with their office near our county fair grounds. Hope this helps! When you find out, please let us know!
    Linda-So. Oregon, Zones 6/7

Stephanotis?

Hey telecaster--I'm usually terrible at remembering even the common plant names, but your plant looks exotic even!

If it was a vining plant, I would consider stephanotis, the leaves are a bit like the picture, and small wonderfully fragrant flowers...but your plant seems to be quite a stiff upright shrub, no?

Oh well, had to throw out a name anyway

Glen

The small, spent flowers and large leaves sort of remind me of a Ginger (Hedychium), but I am not sure what type (if it were). Gingers typically have a wonderful fragrance.

Is it in the ground or in a pot? Is it deciduous or herbacious? What color are the blooms and when does it bloom? How long do the blooms last?

Lots and lots of questions, huh?

(I still like that fence....)
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Just a thought, could it be in the Asclepias syrica family? There are many different milk weed plants, and some of them look similar to yours.
    Tom W
    Aching Back Farm

+ Reply to Thread