+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Fairy Rose

The Fairy Rose

I have lots of antique roses, but this is definitely one of my favorite. It is a relatively small rose bush. It simply blooms and blooms and blooms and blooms.

The bush is small enough to put in a flower bed and does not take over. I have it planted next to daylilies.

When they say it is a repeat bloomer, it truly is. Every time I look, there is another cluster of blooms.

The blooms are small, but last and last. There is no blackspot, and I rarely fertilize it.

It was grown from cuttings that my sister brought to me from Texas. The cuttings were in a bucket of water for days, but I think all of them rooted.

The Fairy Rose is hardy in zones 4-9.

Here is a cluster of blooms...
    Attached Images  
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

I spotted the first bloom of this spring on this rose bush today!

What a TREAT!!!!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann,
    I have several 'The Fairy' in my landscape,like you say they are hard to beat.I'm trying the new 'Pink Knockout'this year,I'II see if I like it better.The red 'Knockout 'is everything they say it is and more.
    Did you ever get your butterfly bush moved?I moved my 'Honeycomb' and its putting on new growth.
    Thanks
    tony b Z-6

Thanks, William for remembering about my Black Knight.

No, I was scared to move it until I could make cuttings, and I decided to wait to make cuttings this spring.

The privet is gaining ground, but the Black Knight is fighting back with lots of new growth.

I am off (sort of, lots of catch up paperwork) this week for Spring Break, so I plan to take as many cuttings as I can this week, and we will see how many of them make it.

I had a Honeycomb, but it decided it didn't like me and down under it went, but I hope to try again!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread