+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clematis problem

Unhappy Clematis problem

Newbe here, and right off I have a question. I have a clematis that is the small yellow flowered one. I was the first one to grow and until a week or ten days ago it was green and sprawling everywhere. But it's started turning yellow from the bottom going up stem and leaves. The soil at the base is very wet is about all I can find. Thanks in advance. Shadowwalker371

They say that some varieties are susceptible to something called wilt, but I don't know if that is related to what yours has.

You might try adding some magnesium to the soil. Use about 1 tablespoon Epson salt per gallon of water and see of that helps. Often that ill help yellowing leaves.

If it were mine, I would check the crown and roots to make sure there is no rot caused by fungus and no varments chewing on them.

Check with your local cooperative extension service and see if they can help.

Just in case, you might try soil layering the good part of the vine.

Hopefully, some others will share their knowledge.

Welcome to Landspro and keep us posted!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Thanks, Ann

Shadowwalker371

Blog Entries
    I believe I read, not too long ago that clematis wilt is brought on by the plant staying too wet and that once the roots get achance to dry out the plant usually comes out of it and grows new foilage.

I will see if I can find the link for you.

Rebecca

Hum, I found a great link amd I thunk wrong about what I remembered caused wilt! Too much going on in the ol gray matter I guess! Anyway, here's a like to a great site for all and everything you've ever wanted to know about the Clematis. Be sure to read all the Fact Sheets they have on Clematis.

http://www.bachmans.com/tipsheets/Di...ematisWilt.cfm

I'm pretty sure this will help to save your plant.

Rebecca
    Last edited by Rebecca; 06-15-2004 at 03:30 PM.

Thanks Rebecca, Cool site!!

+ Reply to Thread