+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Posting pics

Posting pics

O.K. tried figuring this out. . . . . and I'm lost. Would love to post a pic or 2, please help!
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

When you are in the screen to create a message, look down at the bottom left side of the screen and find "Attach file:" Just to the right of that is a small text box and next to it is a hot link to "Browse...". The Browse button will take you to your own computer disk drive's and let you locate the picture you want to attach just like moving about with the Windows Explorer.

The thing is, it does all this by file name, with no preview, so you just have to know the file name, before you start, or bring up your photo display program to pick the right file name. Once you find the right file name on your hard drive, floppy, or CD, just double click that, and the file name reference will appear in the text box for Attach file.

The picture will be available for viewing only after you have submitted the message or reply. In this mode, you will only be able to post one picture per reply. If, on the other hand, you are posting a link to a web page of your own, you can include as many as you like.

I hope this helps you and Ann. Ann is only typing with one hand these days, due to surgery. Good luck.
    Last edited by Tom; 06-10-2004 at 06:53 AM.
    Tom W
    Aching Back Farm

Sample

Here is a sample, my favorite Iris:
    Attached Images  
    Tom W
    Aching Back Farm

Thanks, Tom!

That is a beautiful Iris!!!!!!!!!!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Hey!

Tom,
    THANKS! This is not my picture, but I have one of these, and love it. Hope it works!
    Attached Images  
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Yes, Yes, it worked!
    Thanks again, Tom!
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Forgot to add that is a very nice picture. I have alot of those beautiful purple iris.
    My brother has been giving me lesson on how to use his camera. as only about 10 of the 70 I took turned out.
    This is my favorite dianthus!
    Attached Images  
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Forgot to add that is a very nice picture. I have alot of those beautiful purple iris.
    My brother has been giving me lesson on how to use his camera. as only about 10 of the 70 I took turned out.

One more question, can i resize pictures as the ones I took are HUGE! (565 kb).
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

The picture quality setting on your camera is the first thing that influences the 'file size'. The higher quality will raise the number of pixels, which makes the file size larger.

In the case of your dianthus, you could use your picture editor and simply cut out a portion of the picture and save the cutout with a different file name. Most digital cameras come with a picture editor of some kind that includes cutouts capability.

But the picture size and file size are both controlled at your end, before you post them. These Stella's are all nearly finished now, but thought you might like a look at how they turn out in Ala. in May. Those tall things on the left are Tiger lilies that will bloom in late June. Right now they are about 6' tall, and the buds are just showing.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Tom; 06-11-2004 at 08:41 AM.
    Tom W
    Aching Back Farm

Blog Entries
    Stella's "finished"--I'd hope taking a breather is more like it --they should keep blooming thru summer. How old are those clumps ? I ask cause my Stellas don't have that nice full 'hula skirt' foliage like yours and just about every landscaped area in town. Does it come with age(of the Stellas) or is it the full sun exposure ? (probably both!)
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

You are correct, to some degree. The first flush of flowers is about gone. For the rest of the summer we will see a few all along, but nothing like the first blast. I try to keep them deadheaded, but that takes a lot of time. I have several different daylilies, and just do not have time to touch each one every day.

I think the clumps in the previous picture are about 4 years old. The ones below are around 5 or 6. I guess they would be in near full sun, full shade in late afternoon. Each plant gets about a tablespoon of 6 month 14-14-14 osmocote in about Feb. I have to admit that I am not 'Hooked' on them like some here are, but they are wonderful plants for an old guy with lots of other interests.
    Attached Images  
    Tom W
    Aching Back Farm

Tom,
    O.K. lets see if this is a more acceptable size. This is my favorite dianthus.
    Attached Images  
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

My Goodness, you learn fast!

Not only is the picture a good size, the composition is fantastic.

You do good work!

You are the kind of student Ann Dreams about.

So many times I had seen pictures of Astilbe in books and catalogs, I just had to have some. When they are in bloom they nearly take my breath. But about 3 breaths is about how long they last. But, the plant is still pretty, and a good shade grower.
    Attached Images  
    Tom W
    Aching Back Farm

Tom,
    Oh my! They are gorgeous! I have one and it has almost doubled in size since last year. It is not yet blooming though. Thanks for the peek of yours.

p.s. You give really good directions. I was trying to use the img button, up above. Heehee
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Tom - BEAUTIFUL pictures of your plants and flowers! It looks like you spend a lot of time in your gardens! What a beautiful color of Astilbe. I have a white one and a burgandy colored one. I wanted to ask you what the name of the tall, grey/green foliaged single dark pink flowered plants are in front of your 5-6 year old Stellas? My neighbor gave me a couple of them a couple of years ago. She said that they are called "Giant Pinks". That doesn't seem right to me, as "Pinks" are referred to as carnations, or Dianthus. My neighbor said that I could go over there and dig up lots of them, as they have thrown seeds into her front lawn and dirt driveway and are growing very prolificly! I'd like to have a name for them first, as I would grow them to sell. Thanks!

Vicki - You sure are a quick learner concerning your digital camera! You go girl! Beautiful pictures! What camera do you have?
    Linda-So. Oregon, Zones 6/7

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast