+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Siberian Iris Seedlings

Blog Entries

Siberian Iris Seedlings

My seedlings have bloomed! One light colored, the other is dark and I am beginning to worner if it might not be a seedling after all, but the one cultivar I thought I had lost. There just doesn't seem to be enough variation in it. Still, it is a looker!

I have spent so much time making watercolor renditions of the best of the spring blooms that I have yet to add "normal" images to my photo album. I really muct do something about that one of these days!

Other things blooming in the gardens include Clematis 'Rouge Cardinal', Clematis 'Polish Spirit' and Clematis 'Belle of Wonking' has a second bloom open and the first one still looks perfect! The TB Iris are finishing up, with only a few stull pushing out blooms, including a second plant of the white one and a single scape on a clump of 'Prissy Missy'. TB 'Persian Berry' is just start ing to show color in one of it's buds, again, only a single scape. The miniature roses have been blooming for at least a week and I have yet to get any decent images of them. Oh, I try, but seems I am always too close or the loighting isn't right and there is no contrast. The hardy geraniums are all in bloom and are keeping me busy snipping off the seed heads. I purchased a new one this Spring tht is supposed to be splashe with white on a blue background. It has yet to open any that have been marked that way. They have all been just blue. The bulb lilies are showing buds all over the place! It won't be long now and I'll be able to get them all tagged!

Another of the rescued Rhododendrons is going to open blooms for the first time! It is going to be a lavender-purple one and it is planted next to the pink one (that still has some nice flowers on it). And the two red ones are going to bloom afterall. They are very late this year.

The show is about to get under way here and I'm really getting excited about it. I know that once the lilies start to bloom, the daylilies won't be far behind and there is the promise of some really awesome blooms on the older seedlings this season.

Started turning over the seedling bed last night using my trusty garden fork. Even with the siol being realitively easy to dig, it will take me forever to get the bed done this way, but I don't seem to have much other choice right now.

I'll make a second posting to show the second, or maybe it;s the first Siberian Iris seedling bloom. Enjoy!

Rebecca
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Rebecca; 05-18-2004 at 08:39 AM.

Blog Entries

This is the light colored seedling. Nothing really spectacular, but definitely unique (to me anyway) I really like the dark patterning on the falls and, although not really viewable on this image, the standards have very light veining. The color is a very subtle dusky lavender.

Enjoy!

Rebecca
    Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread