+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Happy Mother's Day!

Smile Happy Mother's Day!

To all the Mother's,
    Happy Mother's Day! Hope you all have a great day!

Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Thank YOU, Vicki!

Happy Mother's Day to you and ALL!

I visited my Mom today. I had purchased a 5 gallon Gold Flame Spirea for her new home. She had visited me recently and really liked the pink spirea (not named), so when I found the huge one at the store, I splurged. Needless to say, she was thrilled.

My youngest brother came over with his grandson, and we picked blackberries. My brother went home with 2 gallons of blackberries and a cobbler that I had made.

Hunter gave me a plate that had his picture on it. I gave him a 'Maximillion' stuffed dog that he has been wanting for some time now.

I spent an hour mowing in the bright sun (cheated, a riding lawn mower) and got away from the teacher paperwork for a bit.

Five more days of instruction.... Two days of testing.... One teacher work day, then I get two months off to reflect and prepare my thoughts for the next year.

Do I like teaching? YEP! But this year was hard primarily because of my background in computers, and this school had absolutely no computerization. That, and other things, were a cultural shock.

Hey! I'd do it again in a minute! When a student who was terrrified of math tells you that you are the best teacher he ever had and that he dreads all his other classes, but looks forward to yours... Well, what can you say! I made a difference in this young man's life. He has made A's and B's the last 3 quarters. And there are others.... I just wished there were more!

Thanks, again! It has been a wonderful Mother's Day for ME!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread