+ Reply to Thread

Thread: newbie

hi fellow gardners, i am just signing on to the board here and wanted to say hi, i am trying to read and learn as much as i can about growing things i have been buying different flowers and trees so i can have some nursery stock, i am on back yards message board allso, i am the kind that reads and dosent ever say much,i am a trucker and stay gone most of the week so i cant order things right now, i have a aunt that has all the varitys of seven sisters roses and when could i go take cutting from them, i have my green house and mist system up and going, i stuck 100 rose cutting in jan. and so far i have took 41 out that has rooted and looking good, i live up above wiggins ms on 13 acres of land(when i am home)well till next time yall take care

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums PTG! Always good to have new members and don't be afraid to post. There are a lot of beginners here and a lot of experience gardeners as well who are very willing to help out the newbies. Come again, real soon and be care on the road!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Welcome!

Welcome to Landspro!

Wiggins is not very far from Mobile, is it?

I am thoroughly enjoying my old roses. More and more of them are starting to bloom.

I do not have a variety of the Seven Sisters, but some day hope to have one.

Stay warm tonight! It is supposed to be in the upper 30's here which means there might be a frost where I am located. I have been outside covering a few things just in case.

13 acres is a lot of land. I've always wanted 10 acres, but don't know if I will have it. We can always work for our goals, can't we?

Enjoy, and thanks for joining Landspro!

Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

thanks for the warm welcom

hi again, thats to all of yall for a warm welcome, i come throu moble daily Ann and would love to meet with you one day to see how things are supposed to be in a green house and learn from someone that is smarter than i am about growing things, and when i get some of the ss roses started i would be glad to get you some, i have stoped there in semes and talked to Mr Parker at sunland nuserys and he was a nice man to talk to, well thanks again till next time take care

Hi,

I'll let you know when is a good time. Right now, I am in overload with teaching school and taking graduate courses. There's not a minute to spare, and it is definitely still a drought. We only received less than 1/8 inch in that last 70% chance of rain that came through.

Oh, I had frost on top of my car, but not on the hood. I covered the coleus and really tender plants with frost blankets just in case because they are hard to find.

I haven't even had time to prune my papyrus, and it looks awful. My neighbors are going to kick me out!

BTW, what is your first name?
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread