+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting started

Getting started

Hi All;
    I have been cleaning up since my last log on about two month ago,still have a lot to do.
    I have been turnig my compost piles every two day now,they are heating good.
    I have been potting up a few land scape plants the woody types,that i started under mist last year. I plan on potting a few to sell in my area.
    I am late starting flowers for hanging baskets!
    Have been in the process of moveing my growing area to a another location on my place,more work than i thought!
    Just thought i wood drop a line !
    John Sweaney Zone 8

Hi John

Hi John and All,
    Sounds like you been busy. The snow has been gone for about a week here. We have had a few warm days, but not many. It's supposed to warm up this week to the mid 50's. We had our first thunderstom of the year 2 nights ago. It was 62.9 here yesterday, but very windy with a chill in the air. The high today was only 38. I went out yesterday and have alot of flowers popping up, my daffs are up about 2 inches.
    I have lots of cleanup to do & soon, as I wasn't able to do anything last fall. Have lots of sticks in the yard from the large oak trees in front.
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Hi Vicki
    Glad to see that spring is comming your way allso!
    We have had weather in the fiftys& Sixties for three weeks with some hard frosts in the morning.
    I wish you well in all you do!
    Last edited by jsweaney; 03-24-2004 at 10:31 PM.
    John Sweaney Zone 8

+ Reply to Thread