+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sources For Nursery Pots - Cheap!

Blog Entries

Sources For Nursery Pots - Cheap!

Okay Everyone, I need your in-put, and hopfully some Hoosiers are reading this!

Where can one purchase a couple hundred 1 to 3 gallon, black or green plastic nursery pots? Someplace close to Central Indiana so shipping costs aren't prohibitive. Anyone know of a source?

I have a lot of seedlings that will need to be moved on to 1 to 2 gallon pots in a couple of months and a few that will need the 3 gallon pots. Local sources of used pots are getting really scarce!

Thanks for any suggestions!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Hi Rebecca. Try contacting landscapers. Most of them just throw away their pots.
    tennessee sue

this one is the closest to you.
    A.M. Leonard in Piqua, Ohio. phone 800-543-8955

http://www.amleo.com/main.html

here is another good one!
    Mortons Supply 1-800-473-7753.

BFG in Burton, Ohio
    http://www.bfgsupply.com

Mackenzine Nursery Supply
    Perry, Ohio 44081
    440 259-3517
    http://www.mackenzie-nsy-supply.com
    flower pot prices have risen drasticly.
    fuel costs etc. and they are made from petroleum .
    i priced 3 gallon last week the quote was 40 cents each.
    i bought 2 quart yesterday from BFG they cost me 19 cents each.
    i bought white hanging baskets with the hanger per cost of item is 0.395 cents .
    just a little info about pot prices .
    and i got lucky yesterday evening and bought 500 pots mostly 2 gallon with some 3 -5 and 10 + 15 for 10 cents each .used
    shepp

Rebecca,
    Sue Sally is right check with local landscappers and garden centers that dont grow ther own plants.I haven't bought pots in two years.I'm tied up with two garden centers and one installer,I get them by the truck load.I've got so many that I now sell them to help on the nursery bills.If you were close to Nashville I'd sell you All the 1 gal. and 3 gal. you could haul.The 7 gal. and 10 gal. are hard to come by,I need a bunch of them by fall.Check around bet you can find some free ones.
    Thanks
    William B.

Blog Entries
    Rebecca- You might check out alternatives to traditional pots; for example, plant bands. They are supposed to save on space and cost. There may be other alternatives that the nursery folks on the board can suggest. Just thinking outside the pot Cathy
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Rebecca;

Do you have a free paper that everyone can get in your area? When I lived in California, it was called The Dollar Saver. Here in Oregon it is called The Nickel (cheaper area here---LOL). If you do, you might want to place an ad asking for plant containers and mention that you will pick them up. Also place an ad in your most popular newspaper. Hopefully it will reach people that have them stacked somewhere and have forgotten about them. In this paper you might want to check the Free Items section. We have that section in our area paper. My neighbor picked me up some at a garage sale for free too. I also let people in my church know that I was looking for free plant containers and have received some that way. I have contacted every landscaper in our area phone book, but all of them told me that they receive a discount on the plants they buy if they take them back to the nursery and nurseries that buy their plants from someone else receive a discount if they return the pots to the place where they buy their plants.
    Linda-So. Oregon, Zones 6/7

CONTAINERS

CARL BREHOB &SON 3821 BREHOB RD INDPS 46217 WILL HAVE PLASTIC CONTAINERS ETC- RICK-IF YOU NEED ANY OTHER HELP CALL 317-322-9478

+ Reply to Thread