+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spring Meadows catalog

Spring Meadows catalog

Spring Meadows has an awesome wholesale catalog. You can sign up for it at their website. Nice prices, good descriptions, pictures, and low minimums.
    Just my 2 cents worth!
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

This sounds great Vicki! And their web address would be......... Is it the obvious http://www.springmeadows.com
    Thought I would ask before I go searching for it. I only have two wholesale lists from growers, and that's only for lavender plugs and plants, from Washington and Oregon. I would like to find more! Nope, it's not springmeadows.com! I just clicked on it and it takes me to an assisted living site! Would you please post the web site?
    Last edited by Peoplepleaser; 02-13-2004 at 10:56 PM.
    Linda-So. Oregon, Zones 6/7

Linda and All,
    Sorry about that it is Spring Meadow no s.
    Here it is: http://springmeadownursery.com/
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Smile Here's some for you

Last edited by vicki; 02-14-2004 at 10:36 AM.
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Vicki, My Spring Meadow catalog had a coupon on it for $20. so I am ordering a few Mother plants.
    I would like the source for lavender plugs,Peoplepleaser. Do they have other herbs and perennials?
    Thanks.
    I'll check out Vickis site,too.
    tennessee sue

Vicki, thanks for the 2 sites! I noticed that the nurseries listed has the web site for Sequim Valley Ranch. They are one of the wholesale nurseries I've been emailing back and forth about their lavender. I went to the Spring Meadow Nursery site and requested their catalog. I have yet to sell enough plants to have to pay for my nurseryman's license, so some of these places won't sell me stock without me giving them my nurseryman's license number. Sequim Valley Ranch emailed me their wholesale list, but she told me that I would have to buy retail, which is almost double of what wholesale is, cheap at that, until I get my license. That might be the way I will have to start out.

Sue Salley, Sequim Valley Ranch is listed on the link Vicki sent here. Their prices seem better than some others. I've gone back and forth by emails with them. You can email Marie Barnett at: victor@svr-ranch.com, and ask her to email you their wholesale price list. You may tell her that Linda Heiartz (pronounced HI-ARTS) from Southern Oregon sent you. They don't have a catalog. Also when Marie sent me their wholesale price list, I found their toll free # on it! Since you've got "connections" here, I'll give you that number. LOL 1-888-999-4321 Here's a couple of other places I've checked on:

http://www.sawmillballroom.com

http://www.championacres.com

On the championacres site they have listed descriptions and some photos of the different varieties of lavender. Did you know that there are over 250 varieties of lavender?!! I knew of 3 before I did some searching! I've been able to narrow it down to just 70 varieties that will grow in my area. Then, I have Spanish Lavender already in my gardens, so I guess that's one less. In fact I've GOT to prune back all my Spanish Lavender some day soon! I've got to get my 2" pots filled with soil to stick the cuttings in! They root very easily!

If anyone wants the instructions for making these Lavender Wands for crafts, you'll need to email me your email address so I can send you the instructions that I did a copy and paste of the entire page of instructions and illustrations. The link directly to the wands isn't on the page I emailed myself. Or perhaps you can go to:
    http://www.newhomemaker.com
    and do a search for Lavender Wands

Hope this helps!
    Linda
    Linda-So. Oregon, Zones 6/7

Thanks Linda, I will check them all out. I need some bay trees. Sold out last year.
    I usually only grow a couple of kinds of lavender. It is one of my favorite herbs. I might try some new ones this year.
    tennessee sue

Sue, watch the Spring Meadow catalog carefully if you are ordering "mother plants!" You're probably already aware, but Dale has gone heavily into patented plant production in the last 5 years, and those plants, of course, can't be "mother stock" for you for several years, waiting for the patent to expire.
    Susan

Thanks for the warning but I checked before I ordered for patent.
    Made that mistake before but good to mention it again.Thanks.
    tennessee sue

+ Reply to Thread