+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, My Friends!

It has been a very hard year for me.... Filled with challenges, disappointments, and success in some ways, but I am determined, and somehow, I will prevail.

I have proven that I am good at teaching, but I have many obstacles to overcome.

It's hard at my age to start at the bottom after succeeding in a prior career, but I am determined.

It's a new year, and a new beginning. I am not sure I am ready for it, but I am willing to try...

In fact, I am determined!

All of YOU are so WONDERFUL!

Happy NEW YEAR!!!!!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Well, the New Year has arrived, and it has been REALLY warm here, in the seventies.... Lots of cloud cover which tends to keep the warm air rising from the ground from escaping, I suppose.

Wish me luck during the semester to come.... This will be the first time I start out fresh at the beginning of the semester with new kids and lots of newly acquired knowledge.

This is a rough school, no doubt one of the most challenging in the city, but all-in-all, I do like the kids. They just need help growing up and accepting responsibility and most imoportantly, they need help learning.

Thank goodness I will not be taking 2 graduate courses at night. There will be only one, and it sounds like it will be one that will truly help me.

In some ways, I am not ready yet, but in others, I am anxious to get a fresh new start. I watch some students learning quite a bit, and I watched some who simply don't seem to care. I talked to many parents, and I will be doing that earlier in the game this semester now that there is a phone in the teacher's lounge.

There is no doubt about the fact that I enjoy teaching math, and I am good at it. The two graduate courses were simply too much to have to consume at the very beginning, but what can I say? They were free, and they were online.

Winter hasn't really hit here yet, and I'm still not sure that I am ready, but by spring, I hope to be more settled in my new adventure.

It's a Good and Happy NEW YEAR!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries

Happy New Year(& remember to water in Winter)

Happy New Year to you, Ann, and all at Landspro !
    Where is time going...and you are right ..what winter ?
    But, it looks like we are headed into a cold snap here(upper 20's low thirties, light snow). I knew my pushing the envelope on planting bulbs would backlash on me eventually. I'll have to plant x number each day, so I don't freeze to death planting. I was just out there yesterday, when it was 65 degrees, watering. By the way, folks, please do remember to water if it has been dry( no rain, no snow) for awhile.
    Catch you all on the Seed Starting Thread...it is that time......
    Here's to Another Year of Gardening Fun & Comaraderie !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Happy New Year

Ann & All,
    A little late but I wanted to put in my good wishes to everybody for a Happy New Year!
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

+ Reply to Thread