+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Welcome Sherry from Missouri !

And are the stems as thick as a pen or pencil?
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

plant

the new shoots are smaller than a pencil and the older are bigger than a pen. do you order wholesale from parks?
    sherri

Sherry,

It could very well be a 'Purple Heart', but like Cathy says, the 'Purple Passion' is usually the one that she gave the aggie link for...

The Purple Heart has the deepest, dark purple color when grown in full sunlight. Given anything less than full sun, the leaves will emerge as a dingy green and the plant will become leggy.

In any event, both are easy to propagate. The purple heart is the easiest and will often root itself on top of the ground if a stem is broken by the wind or other movement. The purple heart has a more succulent stem and requires more sun.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Whoops!

I forgot to answer your other question....

No, I have never ordered any seeds wholesale. I just use the normal catalogs.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Goe Seeds is a great inexpensive place to order seeds. I think they are on line. If not let me know and I will get a phone number for you. They have a great variety.
    tennessee sue

thanks for the info!

maybe i'll run across a pic of my plant someday. i will try the geo seeds and thanks again for the info
    sherri

Sherri,

I am a seed harvester. I rarely dead head the blooms to produce more blooms. Instead, I let them go to seed and I harvest the seeds.

Therefore, I am never lacking in seeds.

Don't get me wrong, I buy seeds ands and lots of them, but I just have not found the need to buy them wholesale. I feel that if I can successfully grow a plant from seed, then let it go to seed and harvest as many as I want.... Well, then I don't need to buy them wholesale.

I suppose that would be different if I had the time and space to grow all the plants that I eventually would like to grow.

Also, since cuttings tend to be more of a clone, I have found it easier to make cuttings of certain plants to reproduce them than to use seed.

It all depends...

Enjoy! Propagation is a quite complicated and fascinating world!

Merry Christmas!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2