+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Howdy from Arkansas!

I live in zone 8 Arkansas on Millwood Lake

Howdy from Arkansas!

Just signed up this am. Hoping to have great conversation in here during the long boring months of winter.

Just expanding my field of shrub propagation other than the easy no-brainer types(i.e.:hydrandgeas,etc."to include some of the hardier types(i.e.:viburnum,etc.)and evergreens.

I've been a nurseyman for going on 7 years but still have plenty to learn.

Peggy

Peggy, Welcome to lands pro. You'll love it here.
    What do you grow besides shrubs? We have a small nursery here in Tennessee. We grow trees,shrubs,herbs,cacti and perennials. I love the flowering shrubs. Heptacodium is one of my favories and the viburnums. They have so much of a variety. What have you found the best way to propagate the viburnums?
    Join right any to any threads and welcome.
    tennessee sue

Heptacodium

Sue the Heptacodium is a favorite of yours. How does it sell. I have plenty material to use to propigate, but not many people dont know this plant yet. I kind of hold the horses until the word has gotten out there, then Ill let the horses loose. Ive checked other nurseries and their in the same boat as me. George.

Hi George. I have a beatiful picture of the heptacodium in bloom and them of the unusual red bracts that follow the bloom. This usually sells the plant for me.I meant to post a picture when the plant was in bloom and now that the "blooms" are red. But my digital camera is in Florida at the moment. Our tree has been beautiful this year. It is a nice plant forfall color- twice.
    I find pictures really help sell plants when not in bloom.
    tennessee sue

+ Reply to Thread