+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trumpet/Hummingbird Vine Pods(Another Bright Idea)

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Trumpet/Hummingbird Vine Pods(Another Bright Idea)

Well, I almost hate to ask and hear the answer to this one because I think I know what I'm going to hear I harvested 4 trumpet vine pods today and they were--green. You know the next question....any chance they will dry and little VIABLE seeds will be inside just waiting for me to plant them ?
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Cathy,

Do you know what kind of trumpet vine? There are several that are known by similar names...

If it is Campsis Radicans, I have lots of it to dig up and burn. You are welcome to as much of it as you want. All I ask is to give me time to get my feet back on the ground...

It is invasive here, and despite the fact that I have had it for many years, it has never bloomed for me. Therefore, no seeds...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Yes, it is campsis radicans, and I have seen it in reddish orange and yellow. Thank goodness for the latin names as they cut down on confusion.

Blog Entries

Plan B

I was just thinking. All may not be lost. What method would I use to root cuttings ? I would really like to get some yellow campsis radicans and there is one cascading over a fence. Is there any part of that 'end' of the plant(obviously I can't access the 'roots') that could be propagated ?

+ Reply to Thread