+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Intermatic timer wiring

Intermatic timer wiring

Ann, what a great site. Iam setting up an intermittent mist system. I just recieved the 10 minute Intermatic timer (Model C8815) and a transformer online from Morten's. The wiring diagram on the inside door of the timer seems to instruct me to run my power, white wire to the switch common screw and the black wire to the clock screw. Then my question is were to I connect the transformer wires (the transformer has a white and black wire)Iam sure it is simple, but I don't want to burn out anything.
    If anyone has a similar set-up, any information would be greatly appreciated. Iam dying to get the mist up. Thanks Again.

The timer pobably runs on 125 V AC, and will switch that voltage out when it is activated based on your timming selection. There should be a power cord to supply power to the timer.

The output will also more than likely be 125V AC, that has to be transformed to 24V DC for the solinoid valve. Which means you will want a black/white pair of wires going from the timer output to the transfromer 125V input.

From there it is a simple matter of connecting the two 24v output wires from the transformer to the wires on the valve, and you are in business. When the timer comes on, it sends voltage to the transformer, which in turn sends the transformed voltage to the valve switch.

If these instructions are confusing, ir there are no wires on any of the pieces, then I would suggest getting help from someone who understands electricity. You can get hurt, or do expensive damage to your equipment if you get it wrong. Good luck.
    Tom W
    Aching Back Farm

Tom,

Thanks for your reply. Iam actually a step closer to completion. I have the 10 minute timer working.
    This is I hard wired, my white wire to the switch common screw on the timer and my black wire to the clock screw on the timer.
    The only question now is where to connect the transformer's white and black wires. It is not clear which connections are the "outputs" on the 10 minute timer. Again, this is the commonly used Intermatic 10 minute timer (Model C8815) so hopefully someone has the same set-up. Thanks Again.

LOOK AT THIS

the normal open screw is where the solid black wire goes to the transformer.
    the solid white goes to the commen also.
    the black and white wires with a tracer go to the valve .
    TRACER WIRES ARE NOT SHOWN IS THIS PIC.
    ONLY THE PRIMARY SIDE OF THE TRANS .
    Attached Images  

Shepp, you are the man with the timer plan. I appreciate you taking the time to post the picture. When I get home this evening I'll give it a go. I tried several configurations this morning (I thought one of them was the one you stated) but I must have had something wrong. Thanks again, I'll let you know how it turns out.

SHEPP, I owe you big. I'm up and running. I'm all misty eyed. Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread